LG 50pc1D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50pc1D

Hey guys how you doing. So I replace the 2 IPM. modules on the y sustain board, this one had the symptoms of vertical lines flashing screen and Mal discharge. I heard a ticking coming from the SUS IPM module. As I've been tinkering with these boards in the past I automatically assumed it was bad so I replaced it had the same effect. Then I replace ER IPM. Have the same effect. So I realized afterwards that I have bad must set on the upper and lower sustain boards. I gathered enough to replace the MOSFETs on the upper board and now I have a clear picture but I still have a presumable flashing picture and when it flashes I get a little bit of a male discharged image a little bit of blue and pink dots. But I can make out the image all on screen menus and everything do the same I would like to know I'm only using the upper board as the lower board I had to order because it soon as I took off the MOSFETs that were shorted the board was still ohming 132 ohms between the two copper pads. Before I realized that I had shorted MOSFETs on upper and lower sustain boards I noticed v scan was jumping all over the place. Now I have a stable vscan with just the upper board installed. But yet I still have this flashing image.

I would like to note that when I first turn the TV on I have a perfect blank gray raster before the data gets sent to the sustain board to generate an image from the logic board.

This grey image that stays there for 2 seconds before I get the actual picture is not flashing. Also along with the flashing flickering image I can hear the sustain IPM making some odd noises like along with the flickering image. The noise it is making is not a ticking sound but more of a choppy buzz kind of like the buzz that is sustained module usually makes but interrupted. All other voltages on the board appear to be fine and there are no shorted transistors or diodes along the board. Is it possible that I could have got another faulty module? Of course I would be answering my own question on that one. I'm just curious as to if I have overlooked something. I should note that one of the 10 ohm resistor in location r79 look like it had a chunk taken out of it. I replaced it and I still have the same problem. If I remove the upper buffer board I can hear the v scan power supply on the sustain board making odd noises. I have a video that goes along with this symptom but it's really hard to make out what it's doing since my phone camera is too slow to pick up the response from the screen. Any other ideas?
    Last edited by freakaftr8; 07-17-2015, 06:05 PM.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Re: LG 50pc1D

https://youtu.be/77mW_xtfRDw

Heres a video of the issue. Note only the upper buffer is installed

Comment

I was actually going to start a thread on this TV as I repaired one recently.
      After replacing both IPMs I still had a poor image, dark scenes had a blue/red haze.
      After a while the red would faze out but the blue would remain, looked like poor refresh rate, but on lighter pictures the picture was perfect.
      And sometimes if it was left on for 30 mins, then quickly turned off and back on it would display a perfect picture that would last until the second I turned it off and on again.

Anyway, the vsc, -vy and ve voltages were perfect.

Since I noticed the red mist was clearing as the TV heated up I decided to heat up the boards with a hair dryer to see if I could make it disappear faster. Nothing changed until I heated up the control board, first the red disappeared, then the blue, then it went all Lines and flashing then pop! perfect picture!

I used freeze spray to isolate some parts of the control board so see what was causing this and it turned out to be 5 or 6 of the surface mount 100uf 16v caps.

Anyway I'm not sure if you have the exact same symptoms but maybe this will help incase you're hunting the y-sus for a problem that doesn't exist! (Like I did)

Comment

Comment

Good call! It's a no go thou. I tried both methods on the surface mounted caps on the control board and it remained. If I remove the er IPM I have no more flashing but a crappy picture. It.may be a faulty ER IPM. It did come.from China....
          Last edited by freakaftr8; 07-18-2015, 11:49 AM.

Comment

However I was having the same issue with the original IPM modules. And the original ipms didn't have any blown fets. I'm totally stumped.

Comment

i am working on one of theese at the moment, quick question is it possible to remove the ipm from a x sus and put them onto y sus?,( i can remove them with ir machine without damage). I had nothing but bad experience with chinese parts so was thinking of doing the above since xsus boards cheap here in uk

Comment

These fail open as well as short, sounds to me like you replaced one open ipm for another open one.

Comment

Hey guys I just wanted to update you on this TV problem yes it was a failed ER IPM module that I got from China it was bad I got a replacement and it works fine. Thanks for the help on this one. It was confusingconsidering the IC physically looked ok but between ground and 18v.there was no reading on an ohms test. The new one showed around 4mohms.

Comment

Working...
                  X