Samsung LN32C530 will not turn on. Standby light just blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LN32C530 will not turn on. Standby light just blinks

Or better yet, know the exact component that is the culprit that we can replace ourselves?

Comment

As someone previously stated,it's the SPI flash eeprom at fault. ic402

Comment

Originally posted by steviewonder View Post
        Thank you for that. Is this SPI flash eeprom something that I can purchase an replace myself?

Where would I order it from?

Comment

Okay, so I found that I can purchase an Samsung eeprom directly from Samsung for $1.85. It has my model listed as one of the models that it fits.

Samsung ic-eeprom part number 1103-001310

If I simply replaced it would that do the trick?

Comment

Originally posted by steviewonder View Post
            Could you please direct me as to which this is on the board. I ordered this part from Samsung and the number on the eeprom doesn't match any chips on the board but there are three eeproms with 24 v printed on them. I'm sorry if sound like a newb but I am.
            Thanks

Comment

I am having a problem similar, but maybe not exactly the same described here.
              After being unplugged for many hour or days, my TV (LN32C530F1F) will turn ON and work fine, even for hours. After some time, it will turn off, and not turn on again. Also, it doesn't need to be working in order to enter in this fail state. Just be being plugged to 120VAC will take it to the fail state after some time. The time needed to switch to fail state goes from minutes to several hours, however it seems to be that, over the years, the time is reducing to minutes on few hours. The only way to have it start again is by unplugging the power cord for several hours. There seems to be that depending on how long I keep it unplugged, the longer it will operate when plugged back, before it fails again.
              Picture is perfect when working.

Power Supply Board (BN44-00339B)
              I checked the voltages coming from the power supply, and they seem to be Ok. O got the 5VDC (A5V) when the TV is OFF (on normal or fail state), and the B13V and B5V when the TV is ON. When plugging the power cord into the power supply board with the main board disconnected, the backlight system works OK.
              Also, I already sent this TV twice to Samsung service in trying to fix this issue, and they were supposed to have changed the power supply. When that happened, the problem returned after 2 or 3 months.
              So, seems to me that the Power supply is Ok.

Front panel Board (BN96-13022B)
              When in fail state, the red led in the front panel will normally be OFF, but sometimes is OFF, and sometimes it flashes, but the TV will not respond to the remote control or manual power ON touch switch. I checked the signals coming from the IR board to the main board (in normal of fail state) , and they seem to be Ok. It is 3,3 Volts in pins 1, 3,4,5,6,7; 0 Volts on pin 2; and 1,7V on pin 8 (when the led is ON), or 0 Volts (when the LED is OFF) (all pin references in the main board). I also checked with the oscilloscope that pin 1 (IR) shows a digital signal when using the remote control, whenever in fail or normal operation mode. Also pin 7 toggles when touching the power ON touch switch. Of course, the remote control is Ok as I checked it in other TV.
              However, I can not check if the signal coming from this panel is correctly coded.
              So, seems to me that the front panel board is Ok.

Mail Board (BN96-15905A)
              When in fail state, the Weltrend WT61P8 controller receives the Vcc (3,3Volts), and also receives the signal coming Remote_Control -> Main_Board (pin 1 mentioned before), but the TV will not start.
              So far I checked with the oscilloscope that the clock pins OSCI and OSCO in the controller do not show the expected clock signal associated with the 12MHz crystal. Now this is a doubt that I have: Is there supposed to be a clock signal there when the TV is OFF? I understand that the answer is yes, as that controller has to be ON but in low power mode waiting for the signal to turn on the TV. Anyone?

After reading what was mentioned before about ic402, I have to say that I am having trouble finding that ic. Where is ic402 in the main board?

In case that I am facing the mentioned problem with ic402, Is this chip sold already programmed and ready to install?

Any other guidelines I can follow here?

Thank you…

Comment

After further inspection, I turned my attention to the power supply as I found that when in fail state the PS_ON signL kept receiving positive pulses from the main board. Also I noticed that when plugging the power cord into the power supply with the main board disconnected, the power supply turned on as expected and mentioned before, but after few minutes it started to fail.
                So, after forcing the PS_ON signal to 5V, the power supply starts ok, but fails after a few minutes. The problem is that the FSFR1700 stops as it lost the LVcc. This happens after the QM801 turns off. This happens because the voltage differential between the base and emitter is so small that the base-emitter juncture does not get polarized, and the transistor turns off. The problem then is that, either the Zener regulated base voltage is to high, or the emitter voltage coming from the QS801 (Zener regulated) is too low.
                Vontages are:
                QS801 collector: 18.1V
                QS 801 base: 16.5V
                QS801 emitter: 15.8V
                QM801 collector: same as previous
                QM801 base: 15.6V in fail mode, 15.1V in normal mode (this is key!!!)
                ICM803 cathode: 12,7V in fail mode, 12,4V in normal mode
                ICM803 reference: 2.37V in fail mode, 2.41V in normal mode.
                CP801: 324V in fail mode, 337 in normal mode

BTW, in my country the power is 120vac, 60Hz

One thing that would be very useful is knowing some key voltages in a good condition board. Anyone?

Reason for failure is now clear, but still have to find out what component is responsible for that.
                Last edited by Venfan; 07-11-2015, 12:53 PM.

Comment

What is your power supply board PN? BN44-XXXXXX?
                  Never stop learning
                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                    What is your power supply board PN? BN44-XXXXXX?
                    Power supply is BN-00339b

I've got to the conclusión that the problem is low voltage on CP801. I haven't found any reference for what it should be, but concluded that it should be around 380 Vdc in normal operation. That conclusion comes from calculating what voltage should be on CP801 to have 2,5 Volts on pin 1 of ICP801 through RP801-804, RP817 and RP818.

So, the problem is that ICP801 is not working properly, as it is not boosting the voltage to what it should be. Next step is to check QP801 and QP802 mosfets, that are installed in parallel, to check if one of them is not working. That could explain the low voltage on CP801.

Stay tuned.

Comment

This the SCHEMATIC for the BN44-00339B.
                      Check DP801, 802 to see if they have shorts, leakage, etc. Common failure is DP802 shorted out.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by budm; 08-14-2015, 01:55 PM.
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                        This the SCHEMATIC for the BN44-00339B.
                        Check DP801, 802 to see if they have shorts, leakage, etc. Common failure is DP802 shorted out.
                        Hello boys,

7 years later and people are still looking to diagnose the problem with these tvs.

I have the exact same problem, except I havent kept the tv on for long enough to see the back-light extinguish, so that's the next order of business.
                        I have checked both DP801 and DP802 and both show 0.414 reading on my meter in one direction and 0 for the other, so I assume they are fine. (Im really a noob in electronics but Im trying)

I've tried locating IC402 on the main board but had no luck. Was anyone successful with that and if so, did replacing this IC help fix the tv?

If you were able to fix your tv with the same symptoms, what did you replace to fix it?

For those that like to tinker with stuff, has anyone tried to hook up the lcd panel directly to some controller board and use it as a computer screen, ie. Raspberry Pi? I'd be curious to hear your story.

Comment

what are your exact symptoms?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                            what are your exact symptoms?
                            The tv stopped turning on completely after months of hit or miss with the power button. Now, if I press the power button the stand by led just flashes a few times. When I disconnect the main board from the power supply board and power the tv just the lcd backlight turns on.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnsonn View Post
                              The tv stopped turning on completely after months of hit or miss with the power button. Now, if I press the power button the stand by led just flashes a few times. When I disconnect the main board from the power supply board and power the tv just the lcd backlight turns on.
                              Too add:

1) The power led flashes 5 times then goes completely off.
                              2) When powered on, with the main board disconnected from the power supply board, the back-light stays on indefinitely.

Comment

ok, that test when backlights stay on, means the backlights and powerboard are good, most likely the issue is with the mainboard.

Comment

check voltages at cnl801, check whith tv in standby(TV PLUGGED IN BUT OFF) leave probes in place power up tv, see if they change, probably at least the mainboard isn't sending the blu-on signal.

Comment

voltage testing example there if needed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TELvc0thP34

Comment

more voltage testing, sometimes you get lucky and it's only a voltage regulator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocqnqmBxiqY

Comment

Originally posted by Johnsonn View Post
                                        Do you get backlights when you push power? If no do you get an image on screen if you push menu and check with flashlight? If no what are you voltages on connector CN802 to main when in standby and when power button pushed?
                                        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

check voltages at cnl801, check whith tv in standby(TV PLUGGED IN BUT OFF) leave probes in place power up tv, see if they change, probably at least the mainboard isn't sending the blu-on signal.
                                          voltage testing example there if needed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TELvc0thP34
                                          more voltage testing, sometimes you get lucky and it's only a voltage regulator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocqnqmBxiqY
                                          I have my work cut out for me. I will report back once I do all the measurements.

Thanks NMS.

Comment

Working...
                                          X