Another Sanyo DP42848 Good Sound/No Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Sanyo DP42848 Good Sound/No Picture

well tom,,,,bad news some how i chiped the panel by one of the upper tabs,,,,not sure how i did it but its toast !! but thats ok cause the bulbs came in today and every one was broke in two , from something being droped on the shipping tube that they came in !!! just a bad day all around for me i guess. well i guess i can tag n bag these parts and wait for another set to come along ,,or sell the parts off ?? i was wtanting if this was going to fix the set or not too,,,,,guess it will remain a mystery !!

Comment

Originally posted by tocold4u2 View Post
      7 bulbs with shipping was 35 bucks that way i have a few extra bulbs !!
      Originally posted by tocold4u2 View Post
      well tom,,,,bad news some how i chiped the panel by one of the upper tabs,,,,not sure how i did it but its toast !! but thats ok cause the bulbs came in today and every one was broke in two , from something being droped on the shipping tube that they came in !!! just a bad day all around for me i guess. well i guess i can tag n bag these parts and wait for another set to come along ,,or sell the parts off ?? i was wtanting if this was going to fix the set or not too,,,,,guess it will remain a mystery !!
      Sound like you have an insurance claim to bring up. That or a complaint against whoever packaged them. Sorry to read about the chipped screen.

Comment

well as soon as the packaged was delivered i could tell that it was damaged,,and i took pictures and called the company, the po on my end noticed it when it came to them because in had a stamp on it that said damaged goods!! the company is going to offer a refund !! atleast that is a plus!

Comment

Had another one come in today with the same fault. I was able to get it opened up, repaired, and buttoned back up in about an hour or so. This one had four bulbs out. I had a bunch of bulbs saved from broken screen sets.
          Attached Files

Comment

All buttoned up.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice fix ... Must be a common issue with those bulbs. Any issues with colour matching between them?
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

The new bulbs had a little different shade of white, like they were almost pinkish. Once the screen was all back together, I see no difference whatsoever.

Comment

How can I make the backlight stay on long enough to determine how many bulbs I have out before actually pulling the LCD off the front? I barely get 2 seconds. With a 4K white screen video playing to fill the screen it looks like I may have 2 bulbs out but I'd like a little longer for my old eyes to adjust.

Also, anyone have any used bulbs cheap? I'm only $30 in right now. As it approaches $100 it becomes less feasible to repair an older TV as opposed to saving a little for a new one.

Comment

Also, has anyone considered repairing otherwise good CCFL lit TV's by replacing the lights with LED strips? I can get 5 meters of LED's for about $10, that's 5 950mm ccfl bulbs worth with 250mm left over to play with. So, all 18 bulbs could be replaced for between $40 and $50.

What else would be involved besides powering them up and somehow setting the brightness?

Comment

Continuing this, abbotdave PM'd me asking if I had found tubes. This is a significant part of my reply with a few questions for you real techs out there.

Too expensive. There are 18 lamps in there. Looks like two of mine are out. Individually they cost about $25 each. I found them as low as about $6 each with a minimum purchase of, I think, 10 bulbs, shipped from China, cross your fingers none get broken.

Yep, here's the link:

http://www.lcd-pdparts.com/ViewDetails.aspx?ProductID=1806

Once the total cost approaches $100 it becomes not worth it to save a TV that can be replaced with a brand new LED TV for about $200.

So, I'm going to play. I ordered 4 of these for a total of just under $13

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131662227119 (the "pure white, non-waterproof version)

The CCFLs in the TV are just under 1 meter each (950mm) and I now have 20 meters of bright white LED strips. All I need to do is find the time to put those in and find a way to control them.

I'm not that much of an electronics engineering geek. Can someone help me figure out how to make the TV think the CFLs are still there and turn off the LEDs when the screen goes to sleep mode.

They are about 6W/meter so I'll also have to provide 12V at a solid 10 to 12 amps to light them up if I evenly space all 20 strips worth in there.

Any help on schematics with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one would be appreciated by this old hippie.

Comment

I have a few good (used) 3.4mm lamps (950mm or or just under 37.5" long) for the AUO panel used in these televisions. I ordered 18 from China (two were broken), but that leaves me with a few spares. If you need a few, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                        X