Re: Westinghouse L2046NV 2 seconds to black

Originally posted by Mr Bill View Post
    here are the numbers for the rectifier

1-2 5.97
    1-3 6.01
    1-4 12.84
    3-4 6.06
    Your bridge rectifier is bad.

The burnt r103 doesnt have any numbers on it. R104 looks identical and it also has no numers on it. R104 measured .01 ohms while r103 measured .07 ohms
    Without identifiers it is hard to tell if those readings are correct or not. They do make 0 Ohm smd resistors so those readings could be right depending on the resistance of your test leads.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

i ordered the bridge rectifier from mouser and the fuse so we'll see if atleast gets me back to where i was a few hours ago.

Comment

I f you can try to get Mouser to put a hold on your order, and add some things to it. These are not going to be that expensive and you will save on freight if they are needed.
        Blackrider1 put together a part list of some mosfets,I have included his attachment, of 4 pieces required.
        Attached Files
        Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

I got the parts today. Changed the bridge rectifier, the fuse, and i went ahead and got the mosfets for giggles since all 4 were under $1 total. The thing fired right up. Have been running it for several hours now and still going.

Thanks for all the advice retiredcaps and alexanna

Comment

Besides replacing the bridge rectifier and the fuse.Do you know what cured the 2 sec problem?
            Was there a problem with the small MOSFETs?
            Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
              Besides replacing the bridge rectifier and the fuse.Do you know what cured the 2 sec problem?
              Was there a problem with the small MOSFETs?
              I'm pretty sure it was the 2 small mosfets. When i was checking them i wasn't getting similar readings on both even after they were removed. So since i had to replace the fuse and bridge rectifier to fix my mistake and the fact that were fairly cheap i just went ahead and added them to the order aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bill View Post
                I'm pretty sure it was the 2 small mosfets.
                If you still have the bad ones, try a simple resistance test between source-gate, source-drain, source-gate. Any reading under 30 Ohms confirms the short.

I can't see the fuse and bridge rectifier causing 2 seconds to black.
                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                  If you still have the bad ones, try a simple resistance test between source-gate, source-drain, source-gate. Any reading under 30 Ohms confirms the short.

I can't see the fuse and bridge rectifier causing 2 seconds to black.
                  the fuse and bridge rectifier was from me flipping the board over and not having cardboard between the board and the back of the lcd panel.

The one mosfet had a real low resistance 1-2 ohm

Comment

Working...
                  X