Westinghouse L2046NV 2 seconds to black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westinghouse L2046NV 2 seconds to black

What is the number of U 200 back light controller? Is it BIT 3713?
    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Yes

Comment

I suggest you check transistors Q201, Q203, Q204 and Q208 for shorts. Also check the value of resistor R210. These are surface mount components located on the bottom of your power board and will prevent the backlights from turning on if failed. One or more of these transistors shorted are a common failure on this board.
        Last edited by jetadm123; 11-27-2011, 01:56 PM.

Comment

I am pretty sure that you can use the BIT3193 data sheet.
          Pin 7 is the ground
          Pin 6 is the back light on and off
          Pin 10 is the supply voltage.
          Can you see if these voltages stay the same when the back lights are on and off?
          Attached Files
          Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
            I am pretty sure that you can use the BIT3193 data sheet.
            Pin 7 is the ground
            Pin 6 is the back light on and off
            Pin 10 is the supply voltage.
            Can you see if these voltages stay the same when the back lights are on and off?
            ok,
            with the monitor on (green) pin 7 ground to pin 10 source i'm getting 4.96v
            off (amber) i'm getting 0

pin 7 ground to pin 8 back light on/off i'm getting 1.548
            off i'm getting 0

i checked the r210 and i'm getting 9.9ohm

i tried the power MOSFETS again (40T03GP). On the one between the souce and gate i'm getting nothing (OL). On the other i'm getting 13.08 mOhms between the source and gate, then .569 mOhms when i put my finger between the 2 leads. There are 3 other transitors i haven't checked yet.
            Last edited by Mr Bill; 11-27-2011, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bill View Post
              ok,
              with the monitor on (green) pin 7 ground to pin 10 source i'm getting 4.96v
              off (amber) i'm getting 0

pin 7 ground to pin 8 back light on/off i'm getting 1.548
              off i'm getting 0
              The voltage readings you are getting with the back lights on and off,is that with a signal going to the monitor.like in your first post you would see an image on the desktop.

Comment

I dont have the monitor hooked up to anything but you can see the no signal square in center of the screen until it goes black but you can still see the no signal square with a flashlight after it goes black. I keep having this gut feeling that the 40T03GP Mosfets have something to do with the 2 seconds to black but the smd 2a fuse (f200) still being good is weird. I figured if the MOSFETS were bad the fuse would be blown.
                Last edited by Mr Bill; 11-27-2011, 03:06 PM.

Comment

what amperage is F200 ,is there a 'W' stamped on it?

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
                    what amperage is F200 ,is there a 'W' stamped on it?
                    yes its a "W"

Comment

I misread your #27 post.Check the voltages with a signal going to the monitor

Comment

i think i killed it. I hooked up the pc to the vga port, went to plug it in a loud pop with sparks, i quickly unplugged but now the monitor won't even turn on. I'm looking all over the board trying to find some burnt marks but i don't see any.

Comment

i think i killed it.
                          Check all your fuses.
                          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

on the power supply side
                            f103 i'm getting 10.27 ohms
                            f102 (right next to transformer) i'm getting 98.8ohms. I got a little sparking action from the leads while testing this one

on the inverter side
                            f101- 0 ohms
                            f100- 0 ohms
                            f200- 0 ohms

Comment

on the power supply side
                              f103 i'm getting 10.27 ohms
                              f102 (right next to transformer) i'm getting 98.8ohms. I got a little sparking action from the leads while testing this one
                              A good fuse should measure less than 1.0 ohms. Resistance should always been measured with power off and device unplugged from AC outlet.

So F102 and F103 are both bad.
                              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Also check the bridge rectifier (long black rectangular component just left of the big cap). Number the pins 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Measure the resistance between pins 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-3, 2-4, and 3-4. You can do this test in circuit.

Any reading less than 30 Ohms suggests a short. If you get such a reading, desolder the bridge rectifier and retest all pin combinations again.
                                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

i"m going to have to desolder the bridge rectifier, it started at 12 ohms and slowly climbed to over 30. I think i found the pop. In order to check the pins on the back light controller i had to flip over the power supply board. Stupid me never noticed that a heatsink was touching the back of the lcd housing so that was probably the spark. You can see in the pics.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

In order to check the pins on the back light controller i had to flip over the power supply board.
                                    I use cardboard for separation when it comes to board acrobatics.
                                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                                      I use cardboard for separation when it comes to board acrobatics.
                                      yeah i think i learned that lesson the hard way LOL
                                      do you think the r103 is toast. Its the circuit board thats connected to the lcd itself or do you think replacing the 2 fuses you mentioned ealier will get me atleast back to where i was. This is assuming the bridge rectifier checks out.

Comment

do you think the r103 is toast.
                                        Clean off the burnt stuff with some alcohol and see if you can read the markings on it. Then measure the resistance and see if it matches. If it does, you may be in luck.

If you replace the 2 fuses and the rectifier is okay out of circuit, then you might be back to where you were.
                                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

here are the numbers for the rectifier

1-2 5.97
                                          1-3 6.01
                                          1-4 12.84
                                          2-1 OL
                                          2-3 OL
                                          2-4 OL
                                          3-1 OL
                                          3-2 OL
                                          3-4 6.06
                                          4-1 OL
                                          4-2 OL
                                          4-3 OL

The burnt r103 doesnt have any numbers on it. R104 looks identical and it also has no numers on it. R104 measured .01 ohms while r103 measured .07 ohms

Comment

Working...
                                          X