Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Syncmaster 760V TFT PSU toasty

Board model name GH15/17 Rev 3.0

The mongo cap is bulging and leaked at the bung. Looks like two bad transistors(one of which crapped its self), a chicklet looking thing that threw up on the heatsink, and the rectifier bridge. The transformer I think is ok. Would it be better to replace the whole board, or is it fixable??

Attached Files

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 760V TFT PSU toasty

One up on eBay for $22 and free ship. I would probably go that route and confirm that's the only problem with the set, then recap the new PSU and be happy. Looking at <$25 including shipping for the caps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290517662512

veritas odium parit

Comment

$22 on a 10 year old monitor with unknown backlighting is a bit steep. Think I'll. Junk it.

Comment

Very true. That, and you can get a working one from there for <$40 in great shape.
        veritas odium parit

Comment

Originally posted by asand1 View Post
          Board model name GH15/17 Rev 3.0

The mongo cap is bulging and leaked at the bung. Looks like two bad transistors(one of which crapped its self), a chicklet looking thing that threw up on the heatsink, and the rectifier bridge. The transformer I think is ok. Would it be better to replace the whole board, or is it fixable??
          Looking at those in-line pics, I do feel compelled to ask what size blowtorch was used on those solder joints? And was all that (topside) board scorching there when you opened it? It looks like it has carbonised.
          Friends don't let friends buy Samsung ....

Comment

Originally posted by pedro View Post
            Looking at those in-line pics, I do feel compelled to ask what size blowtorch was used on those solder joints? And was all that (topside) board scorching there when you opened it? It looks like it has carbonised.
            Yes thats exacly how I found it. I didn't touch it with heat, and I was the only one to open it up. Tha board got HOT before if finally just quit.

Comment

Can you help me with an info ? Can you give me the value of IC1 from picture 5 . I'm trying to help a friend with an identical board, but he got the monitor with that component missing. Thanks .

Comment

Working...
              X