Phillips 42pfp5532d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phillips 42pfp5532d

got this philips plasma, turns on, screen lights up, and sort of flashes light and dark, there is a buzz from the Y=SUS that seems to be in time with the screen flashing, but no picture, power supply is putting out correct volts, any ideas before i strip it down ?

Re: Phillips 42pfp5532d

Check the Zsus its likely to be causing the issue described, sounds like the Ysus is charging the panel but Zsus isnt working and not discharging the pixels there for no image.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Can you take pictures of the back of the set please and upload them. Dont throw it away either it could be something simple like failed ipm !
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

ok, did'nt think Z-SUS was the problem, as it is the little yellow transformer that is buzzing on Y-SUS, but i disconnected the Z-SUS but left the Y-SUS connected and tv turned on, with no buzzing from the Y-SUS, screen never lit up,
        also there was some bad caps, 6 on the power board, that i have replaced, just to rule them out,
        i have added pics
        Attached Files

Comment

have you tested any voltages ?

Comment

Originally posted by sordids999 View Post
            have you tested any voltages ?
            only power supply at the moment, as only just got round to it, and all seem fine

Comment

Right ok do you know how to test for S/C (short circuit) ?

Comment

just had a quick look at this for five mins, looks like Y-SUS is the prob, due to only having
                -20/33 volts on VSC should be 100 i think, volts from power board are fine, dont think its worth spending money on, what do you think guys.

Comment

Are there Mosfets on the Ysus. May be worth checking out.
                  Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

quick update on this, i knocked it of the table, broke the screen, so now down the dump

Comment

Shucks!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X