Asus PVR-416 TV Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus PVR-416 TV Card

Anybody know where I could find the software package for a PVR-416? It was an OEM card from an HP Media Center PC.

I do have the drivers, but the tuner won't pick up a signal in Media Center. Radio works fine.

What i need is the original program that would have been with it, so I can use the card outside of MCE, and also take advantage of the aux. inputs.

Re: Asus PVR-416 TV Card

Which chipset does it use? Connexant (Brooktree), or Phillips?

do you get input with AmCap?
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
      Which chipset does it use? Connexant (Brooktree), or Phillips?
      It has a Philips tuner and a Conexant C23880x chipset.

Comment

At first I got a blue screen in AmCap, then I tried some program called ChrisTV Lite. It put some crappy spyware program called Relevant Knowledge on the computer. For all the time I've spent trying to get this POS card to work, I could have bought a new HD card to replace it.

Apparently the card is also called a Hauppage Roslyn/Blackbird.

Comment

Download dscaler, and try it with that.

I'll see if I can find software from Hauppauge's site.
          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

Ok, I figured out that the card comes with the HP Media Center M300 PC.

The driver page is here:
            Link.

It's a pretty ordinary card, should work fine with DScaler. You can try Hauppauge's application, though I don't know if it will recognize it.

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
              Ok, I figured out that the card comes with the HP Media Center M300 PC.

The driver page is here:
              Link.

It's a pretty ordinary card, should work fine with DScaler. You can try Hauppauge's application, though I don't know if it will recognize it.
              I do have the latest driver from HP, but I can't find an application that works with it. I'll try Dscaler, but if I can't get the card to work in MCE, it's kinda pointless anyhow.

I wonder if the WinTV PVR card in my HTPC would work with the front panel connector in the HP. Then I could get a new HDTV card for my HTPC.

Also, the PC I'm working with is an M490n. I put a fresh install of Windows MCE 2005 on it, since the original 2004 COA on the case worked fine with it.

Comment

I have the same card.

If you need software,
                GBPVR works great on windows.

if you had linux on it, mythtv works flawlessly with closed captions on.

There is a mythtv binary for windows but I think it's frontend only.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Professor View Post
                  I have the same card.

If you need software,
                  GBPVR works great on windows.

if you had linux on it, mythtv works flawlessly with closed captions on.

There is a mythtv binary for windows but I think it's frontend only.
                  I never did figure out myth tv... I always used tvtime for my linux tuning needs.
                  sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Working...
                  X