Gateway NV5378u video problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateway NV5378u video problems

I have this particular gateway laptop that was dropped and serviced for a power button problem. The back lcd cover was replaced with no signs of a bad lcd panel and put back together with no problems. The laptop ran fine for over a month and then all of a sudden the screen started to turn grey with colored patterns at times and lines in the screen. You could also at times press the lcd panel at the bottom and straighten the picture out. Tested the video on an external monitor and it does fine. I ordered another lcd panel and video cable but still no luck. Is this another candidate for a reflow or something else?This has been a wild one. Help is very much appreciated
    Attached Files

Re: Gateway NV5378u video problems

Originally posted by Herbssat View Post
    I have this particular gateway laptop that was dropped and serviced for a power button problem. The back lcd cover was replaced with no signs of a bad lcd panel and put back together with no problems. The laptop ran fine for over a month and then all of a sudden the screen started to turn grey with colored patterns at times and lines in the screen. You could also at times press the lcd panel at the bottom and straighten the picture out. Tested the video on an external monitor and it does fine. I ordered another lcd panel and video cable but still no luck. Is this another candidate for a reflow or something else?This has been a wild one. Help is very much appreciated
    I would microscopically check the MB for cracks and bad connection in video cable connector area.

Comment

Working...
    X