Project iPAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project iPAQ

Yes, iPAQ.... I'm sure you haven't heard that in a while. I was rummaging through my attic this afternoon, and came across my old IPAQ PDA. I figured why not put it to a good cause, and make something that can be controlled or something around it. It leaves me to this question; does anyone know of anything I can do with it other than throwing it out! Any projects or somethingi can use it for, maybe some how incorporate an Arduino. Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thank you,
    Peter

Re: Project iPAQ

I believe there was a Linux project for the iPaq, but it's abandoned now. May be of some limited use to you.

Comment

I will have to take a look into that one, see what it's all about. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

I turned a PDA with IrDA into a universal learning remote with NoviiRemote (some may require a compact external IR repeater, since some IrDA ports have a short range).
        My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

take the screen out, do some programming. hack the keyboard. Make a replica fallout pip-boy. Its been done before with taken apart andriod phones
          Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
          ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Okay, I like that idea!!! I will look more into it. Do you have any links or anything from when you did yours?

Comment

My own iPAQ rx5915 works fine as is.
              And as GPS and every function.

What model do you have ?

Comment

It's an HP iPAQ H2200 Series Pocket PC... You know the thing is nice, but I have no use for it the way it is and I would like to try to do something with it, when I have time that is. Not really in a rush, just trying to think of some ideas, asking around to see if anyone has done anything interesting to theirs. I like the controller, but it has it on there already. I would like to try to make something that interfaces with it somehow, maybe use it as a controller. This doesn't have Wi-fi or GPS, however they sell a CF card that's a Wi-Fi adapter, it's like $25.00, just don't know if I want to spend $25 on it.

Comment

Working...
                X