X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want youtoube videos without buffering

pls help...

Re: i want youtoube videos without buffering

Move into another country or get a better internet connection.

On videos, click on that wheel or select 240p or 360p where available.

240p are on average 300 kbps, 360p is on average 450kbps

That's kilobits, thousands of bits.. so to get KB you do value * 1000 / 1024 * 8 or value x 0.122 ... 300 kbps would be 36 KB/s , 450 kbps would be 55 KB/s

So you need to be able to download files from Internet at a steady speed of at least 60 KB/s from ANYWHERE to not get buffering issues.

You may get speeds faster than that in your own country, but the Youtube videos are not all stored in your country.

The company that gives you internet may try to save money by limiting the transfer speed from websites outside India, because that bandwidth is more expensive than the data inside your country.

Comment

You can check this URL from the computer where you normally watch, it will show what your average streaming rates are and if your ISP is doing throttling should then be evident.

http://www.youtube.com/my_speed
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

If you have a really slow connection, I would use something like www.keepvid.com or a browser download extension to download the videos and watch them offline.

Then, you only have to download them once, too.

Use a download manager with resume feature, if your connection is unreliable or really slow.

But also, I have noticed recently that Youtube does not download the whole video as fast as possible any more, instead it slows down, waits for the playback to catch up and then the download speeds up again...
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
          But also, I have noticed recently that Youtube does not download the whole video as fast as possible any more, instead it slows down, waits for the playback to catch up and then the download speeds up again...
          Sometimes the download speed drops so low that the video stops to buffer. Youtube videos download so slowly that the lights on my modem flash very slowly, and it sometimes seems like I'm using dial-up.

Comment

I have the same issue.

YT says that my connection is very slow.

Will have to open up that router again, probably more 'sploded caps. :/
            Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Youtube is fine for me. I can watch even the 1080p videos without buffering issues. Then again I have a 14Mbit DSL connection...
              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
              -David VanHorn

Comment

Working...
              X