Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNAP! goes my nv7600 video card

While I was reading Badcaps.net posts I heard "SNAP!"
    I looked around my chair because I have several little electronic thingys beside me that could fail like that. At first I thought it might be the old ATT 2 line answering machine that I've already replaced the filter caps on a couple times. Could be the recapped Dimension XPS I use all the time. So lets open it up a look. No bad caps on the board. I couldn't see the component side of the video card so I felt around for crusty or budging caps.... It felt WET!

My EVGA AGP nv7600! I don't have a replacement AGP card. Since it was still working when it snapped, I put it back in. I don't have the right replacement caps. I'll have to keep using it till I can come up with a plan of action. Soon I hope.

I don't usually choose EVGA products (for problems like this) but it was nearly free.
    Here's a pic.
    The two little ones look like they popped some time ago. The big one is fresh and wet.
    Attached Files

Re: SNAP! goes my nv7600 video card

That looks like the typical SACON FZ plague that has affected many video cards.

SACON is GSC, so that means very shoddy quality.

Just replace the 470uf 16V and 1500uf 6.3V SACON FZ caps with caps such as the Panasonic FM series (very low impedance) or if you can get Rubycon caps then use either MCZ or MBZ series caps.
    My gaming PC:
    AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz Six-Core CPU (Socket AM3)
    ASUS M4A77TD AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard
    PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 3.0 Graphics Card
    G.SKILL Value Series 16GB DDR3-1333 RAM (4x4GB dual channel)
    TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD (x2)
    WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD
    ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channel PCI sound card
    Antec HCG-750M 750W ATX12V v2.32 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
    Antec Three Hundred Mid-Tower Case
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Comment

golemmaster,

Don't use it till you have replaced all the FZ caps.

See my post on the EVGA 7300GT.

EVGA 7300GT went boom

Comment

any cap with "fz" on it=bad from new.
        just did a 7800 evga for my business partner.he said it had been working without issues and just failed to post one day.the blown caps were dry so they had blown a while back.goes to show how bad the caps can get before the card fails to work!

Comment

Working...
        X