X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange problem with Acer V193W

Hello,

This monitor has strange problem to me.
    When computer is booting there is a picture of start up and after that is gone.
    When computer is up I have to press power button twice and I get the picture.
    Picture is not all over the screen and lines are not straight and looks like it's floating.
    I did some pictures of that.
    When I change frequency at it's maximum 75 Hz, picture is gone.
    This monitor was checked from one guy who is fixing tv, monitors, audio equipments etc and he told me that he replaced some capacitors and checked other components as well.
    He suspect on processor and main board.
    I want your opinion and help to solve this problem.
    Attached Files

Re: Strange problem with Acer V193W

Check the voltage regulator on the main/logic board.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I did it.
      It has folloving values:
      pin1=0
      pin2=3.28
      pin3=4.88
      pin4=3.28
      Could it be oscillator problem?

Comment

Was the measurement taken when the fault was on screen and does the voltage stay steady at that.
        Can you tell which caps were replaced and what make/series are they.
        There is probably another long board on the back of the panel can you post picture of that . to get it big enough do it in 3 sections.
        There may be a flat ribbon cable to this board - if it is removable take it out and clean the contacts then replace and try.
        Last edited by selldoor; 11-20-2012, 04:44 AM.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I made it to work steady at resolution 1024x768 and 60 Hz. It won't work at 75 Hz.
          Picture was nice and clear.
          It's native resolution is 1440x900 and 75 Hz and it won't work as I mentioned before.
          When it's working voltages are:
          pin1=0.012
          pin2=3.26
          pin3=5.012
          pin4=3.26
          I'm not sure which caps are replaced. I think that only big one is not replaced and I can't see letters on it.
          I made some pictures of caps. I hope they are good.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow! that is a horrible set of caps!! I dont think he has changed any or if he has he has changed them for previously used or old ones - its lucky its working at all.
            My suggestion would be to make a list of all the caps on the board with a view to changing some/ most or all of them. Ugghh.

Right as you will have seen there is another voltage regulator on the panel board.
            Can you test that as with the other one.
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

CapCon?! I bet the main cap is a Lelon. I'd replace all of them except the big cap. That JH cap is only 85C, could be dried out...

Comment

I've tested voltage regulator on panel board:
                pin1=0
                pin2=3.31
                pin3=4.95
                pin4=3.31
                Now I worry if those caps has the right values.
                Is it important for all of those caps to be with low ESR?
                On main board all caps are Samxon. Should I replace them to? They look ok.
                Last edited by srbax; 11-20-2012, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Is it difficult /expensive to get good low esr caps in Serbia?
                  If so I would leave the main board for now and perhaps try replacing
                  just the medium sized caps on the power supply.

Have you another screen that will do 1440x900 at 75 I am just wondering if
                  the pc /video card can output at that?

Comment

Yes, it's difficult.
                    I have MSI 4850 video card and I'm using it on my Sony 40" tv in full hd.
                    Also I was connecting monitor on lap top with vga output to be sure that dvi to vga adapter is not a problem.
                    I'm using that adapter when I connecting monitor on my pc.
                    Lap top also has a good video card.

Comment

I bought new caps, Capcon,Capxon and something that I can't read
                      I will replace them all, not a problem.

Comment

I replaced all caps on ps board.
                        Nothing has changed.
                        Maybe I didn't mention, but even when I switch it to resolution 1024x768, I have to press power button 4 times to make it working.
                        Interesting is that power light is off when running normally and when picture is black it's amber.
                        Maybe it's normal for Acer monitors.
                        What now?

Comment

You recapped with CapXon?!

Comment

There is no better caps in Serbia.
                            Only things like Capxon, Capcon, Jamicon and maybe some other junk.
                            Very rarely Yageo.

Comment

I think Jamicon are better than CapXon. But they should work long enough for you to figure out the other issues.
                              Last edited by Pentium4; 11-21-2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Hi - Hmm I have just been reading a thread with strating problem and led problem.
                                read this bit - not your set but maybe a dirty switch is part of the problem
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=146

Comment

Next as you have changed some caps can you re test the at the voltage regulators and can you also put the marking off the regulator with the results.
                                  With it all connected up and working can you also test and post the voltages on the
                                  connector at the top right of the power supply board list like this using what it says on the board for "should be"
                                  Pin***Should be*****Is
                                  1***** 15v*********14.91v

Comment

I've done testings.
                                    Voltage regulator on main board:
                                    pin1=0
                                    pin2=3.29
                                    pin3=5.09
                                    pin4=3.29
                                    AS1117L-33

Voltage regulator on screen panel:
                                    pin1=0.06
                                    pin2=3.38
                                    pin3=5.08
                                    pin4=3.38
                                    50117K-F
                                    when it's not working because of resolution there is some slight variation of voltages on both voltage regulators and on contacts below.

Something strange occurs.
                                    With resolution 1024x768 and 60 Hz, wasn't good and it was working ok with it's native resolution and 75 Hz, but I had to power off/on monitor.
                                    Voltages on output of PS board:
                                    1. VCC5V 5.149V
                                    2. VCC5V 5.149V
                                    3. GND 0.03V
                                    4. GND 0.03V
                                    5. ON/OFF 3.25V
                                    6. BRIGHTNESS 2.72V
                                    7. VOLUME 0.085V
                                    8. MUTE 3.21V
                                    I was reading this post and maybe I have similar problem:
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ghlight=SCALER
                                    Should I change some caps on logic board or all of them?
                                    Last edited by srbax; 11-22-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

It would be easy for me to say change them all but if your store is easy to get to and you can buy a few at a time perhaps buy 2 or 3 and try them on the part of the board that seems most connected to the screen cable socket.
                                      ( you have cleaned that thoroughly both ends and checked for bent /broken pins.)
                                      If that doesnt change anything you could either buy another 3 or put the old ones back and try them in the places on the board
                                      Sorry I have assumed all 6 are the same size if not that plan is sunk
                                      perhaps buy 2 and so on.

P.S Voltages on the VRs are reasonable they are both 3.3v VRs

Comment

I changed all caps.
                                        When I powered on monitor, it's behavior was the same as before.
                                        After a while he began to behave differently.
                                        Now lamps are working all the time, but there is no picture.
                                        I even haven't "no signal" with disconnected signal cable.
                                        All voltages are there.
                                        When I was measuring voltages on logic board, I noticed that, when I was touching only one pin of oscillator, lamps started to blinking.
                                        I tried to measure frequency of oscillator and I got very unstable values, from 5 to 50 Hz.
                                        Is it possible to measure it like that and is it normal behavior.
                                        What else can I check or do?

Comment

Working...
                                        X