Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung SyncMaster 225bw - Can I replace my 'REV0.1 Power Board' with a 'REV0.2' one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung SyncMaster 225bw - Can I replace my 'REV0.1 Power Board' with a 'REV0.2' one?

Hi there,

I've stripped my Samsung SyncMaster 225bw and found a variety of faulty capacitors. My monitor uses the power board IP-45130A (REV0.1). I was just wondering whether I can replace it with IP-45130A (REV0.2) power boards which are available on ebay?

I've looked at all of the electrical INPUT and OUTPUT details for both boards and they are the same. The other alternative is to buy a REV0.1 Capacitor Repair Kit.

Any help would be really appreciated :-)

Many thanks!

Pete

Re: Samsung SyncMaster 225bw - Can I replace my 'REV0.1 Power Board' with a 'REV0.2'

Hi - You will need to be careful if buying caps on ebay as many are fakes. For the power supply board you need low esr caps - good make like panasonic rubycon etc.
    New board or kit is not the only alternative you could buy a set of caps from RS Electronics or CPC or Digikey or Farnell. Make a list and price them up you can ofetn replace all the caps for the same price as the kit which only covers some of the caps. It is unlikely that you will need the BIG cap.
    If you buy a replacement board it could still need recapping before to long.
    It does of course depend on whether you have the equipment and skills to replace the caps.
    In answer to your main question - I am sorry I do not know if the boards are compatible - perhaps the seller would advise or be prepared to take the board back if it was not?

You dont say if you have searched the forums for info on the 225bw here is one
    which might give you some ideas
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...5bw#post248639
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Re: Samsung SyncMaster 225bw - Can I replace my 'REV0.1 Power Board' with a 'REV0.2'

Hi selldoor,

Many thanks for your reply. I am an electronics teacher so ordering the capacitors shouldn't be a problem. I was just wondering if anyone knew any differences in architecture between REV0.1 and REV0.2 that would affect the various other PCBs/components in the monitor. From looking at it, it seems as though it shouldn't be a problem.

Have you fixed a 225bw before? What caps did you use?

A huge thank you for replying! It's really appreciated :-)

Pete

Comment

No I have not fixed a 225bw - Id guess all the info you could ever need will be in the
        post I suggested. If you just read the last page it lists the caps others replaced and one member says the 2 version board is good.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

It is quite common for power supplies,to be the same electronically ie same I/Ps and O/Ps, to have fixing holes in the same place, but have different components,it basically depends on who makes them, what Version etc. So provided you are happy that it will fit exactly, and it is electronically the same, then there should not be a problem.

Comment

Working...
          X