tx-l32x5b Panasonic backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tx-l32x5b Panasonic backlight

hi guys.. any one know where I can get a backlight strip for this model? product code is.. STM320A72... I've pulled the panel apart and one of the leds on the strip is dead.. I'm assuming this is the reason why the backlight cuts off and tv switches off after about ten seconds..any help finding this part would be much appreciated as I can't find it anywhere!

Re: tx-l32x5b Panasonic backlight

You can do a stacking repair or replace individual LED's
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

You're not going to be able to stack those LEds dskall. Too close together. It's finding replacements too.

Comment

Are these edge lit?
        Pictures always help

Comment

Going on their description of left and right i would say yes.
          http://www.narayanitech.com/product/...ic-th-l32x50d/

Comment

Then maybe replacing with a zener

Comment

You could try contacting this guy on ebay. He just sells replacement LEDs and strips.
              http://stores.ebay.co.uk/lelos2?

Comment

cheers for the responses guys and the link think that company is indian so ill enquire about delivery to the uk...yes they are edge lit! I will definitely contact that guy on ebay see if he can help me out! you'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge as ive only very recently got in to attempting to repair/repairing tvs but what do you mean by replacing with a zener?

Comment

Should you not find strips it's possible to replace bad led with appropriate zener diode
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8otPjsN8jD8
                  Last edited by dskall; 07-21-2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Replacing the light emitting diode with a zener diode so there is no change in the voltage/current and the tv stays on. I think on a 32" screen though the missing spot would be noticeable.
                    There are loads of 3v 7020 LEDs on Aliexpress. for example https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100P...82291796.html?
                    You need to remove the faulty LED without damaging it so we can have a look at the pad/s on the bottom.

What tools do you have jonny ?
                    Last edited by diif; 07-21-2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

if you end up using a zener to patch the strip. move the bottom led to the fault spot and use the zener at the bottom or top of the strip. this will help hide any potential darker spots.
                      WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

thanks for the responses guys... diif in terms of tools I've just got the basic stuff at the minute ie soldering irons multimetre etc because as I said ive only just really got into repairing TVs.. done lots of vestel and Samsung sets quite a few backlight strip repairs etc using the zener diode to replace the led looks easy enough...how do I go about finding which particular zener I need ? cheers!

Comment

Does seem like compatible led's are available which wasn't the case awhile back. That would be the best route to go. You won't have any dark spots. Diif's post #10 should work.

Comment

What's the voltage to each LED strip ? just to check they are 3V LEDs required and not 6V
                            and how many LEDs are there per strip.

Ideally you want to use a hot plate or hot air to remove the LEDs as there is a solder pad underneath them.

Comment

thanks for the Reponses guys...definitely 3v diff! ive gone ahead and ordered some! cheers for the help!

Comment

You're welcome jonny, let us know how you get on when they arrive, stuff is taking about 2 weeks at the moment from Ali.

Comment

will do ! just out of curiosity which zenner diode would I need to do it that way ?

Comment

Working...
                                  X