X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,

I am directed to this forum and repaired my own Acer Lcd monitor from using the tutorial.

This is great ! Hope this site continue to grow.

Comment

Hi everyone I'm Guyrene and just retired as Electronic Tech for the past 30 odd years for a Steal Making Company. Always had the passion of new stuff in electronics taking me back to the tube type tv to the present solid state. Always have the need to learn more and share

Comment

Hello all, my name is Mike, I am an Application Architect (fancy title for software developer). I've always loved tinkering with electronics and I'd rather repair than replace. Was in the US Navy for 6 years as an Electronics Technician so have a little formal training.

I started out in high school programming the Apple II and had a Commodore Vic-20 at home, still have that little guy, but now mostly deal with Windows and Ubuntu. Have a RaspberryPi that I mess around with for fun.

I've used this forum for several years to get troubleshooting ideas, but never joined...just lurked in the shadows. Figured it was time to join.

Comment

Hi chaps I'm stuart, I managed to suck out all the information I needed to repair a 32 inch LCD TV that my house mate was going to replace as an Xmas present today: all from two posts in this forum.

I don't sign up to much because I tend to just look around for answers but this place deserves the credit and so I have signed up.

I'm a uk radio amateur holding intermediate licence and I'm also a musician.
          I hope that I will be able to spread some love and pass on the favour in the future.

I'm pretty good with linux and windows pcs and configurations, I have replaced ipad and iPhone screens and glass etc, I do delicate marine electronics as my day job and I'm not scared to take out all 182 screws in a laptop to get to the problem. My other forte is in networking and server hardware, specifically point to point links over rf and antennae for boosting along with site surveying. I also tinker with tvs and solar/wind generation.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hallo I'm Rosman from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. i m a newbies

Comment

Hi!

Greetings from Amsterdam, my name is motoindo. I design, fix & build motional feedback loudspeakers and run an audio repair shop as well. I've got a weak spot for pro amps, large woofers, fish food and dance music.

Comment

Hi, My name is Chris and I am a computer tech. Just got a TV with a display problem so thought I would try to find out if it can be repaired or if it is a display "screen" issue.

Comment

Hi - My name is Dante Mincin. I joined this forum as I seek some assistance with an LG 50" plasma that still has sound, but no picture

Comment

Hi all!

Found this forum while looking for fixes to my Panasonic plasma TV. Already found some great info here, and looking forward to learning more.

Cheers,

Patrick from Seattle

Comment

Hey Everyone,

My plasma died while I was away on a business trip so I found this cool website when I went looking for solutions to my problem. This is my first post to ANY forum so I hope I don't screw it up.
                      I'm surely not as geeky as most of you who posted to this intro thread.
                      I've been working as a field service engineer at the same company for 27 years and cannot claim to be an expert at anything especially PCs.
                      I have always been reluctant to pay others to fix my broken stuff including cars, motorcycles, home appliances, and even PCs so here I sit typing while my TV is facing the wall with it's back panel removed.
                      I won't bother anyone with my plasma woes until after digging around a bit.

Cheers!

Comment

My name is Akhlaq Ali.I live in Pakistan.I do work my own repairing shop.

Comment

Hi,

I'm a software engineer working with Linux and low level hardware software, not that experienced with soldering, but it's always fun poking my head over to where not all is logical and subject to physics. Hardware is magic... :-)

Comment

Good morning,

I'm a guitar player looking to solve a problem with a VOX Mini3 I have. Saw an interesting thread on the forum and this looks like a good place to be.

I'm not much of a tech head. Most of my electronics troubleshooting is with a multimeter chasing down gremlins on motorycles.

Closet computer geek, though. First computer was an Atari 400 with tape drive. Graduated to an Apple IIGS and then an Amiga before going mainstream.

Best to all,

Mike.

Comment

Hi ppl
                              Found this forum while trying to find solution for my broken laptop.
                              Amazingly helpful info here for a noobie in electronics like me
                              Cheers
                              Kostas from Greece

Comment

Greetings and thanks to the creators of these forums and all the contributors.

In a past life I was a paid electronics tech, but have been more or less a hobbyist for the past 20 or so years - stuff just keeps getting smaller and my eyes keep getting weaker, and I'm not even getting fpaid for it...

I traded my first computer (Commodore 64) for an acquarium, didn't think it would catch on...shows you how much I know.

Anyway, I've previously had success repairing 3 17" HP monitors, a Dell 2005FPW, a Hanns-g 19" monitor, a 24" Curtis TV, and 2 or 3 'puter motherboards, all made possible by help found here and other places online. My thanks to all of you who have been so generous with their information and repair tips, hopefully I'll be able to contribute some time.

Mike

Comment

Greetings. German Dave here.
                                  I have been browsing this site for a while and I usually found information on how to fix LCD screens and recently started with TV's. I wish I came across this site earlier.

Comment

Howdy Y'all! Been reading info on this site for some time now and am in awe by the wealth of information here! It has helped me on a few projects, including LCD monitors.

Thanks for having this forum!!!

Comment

Hi all,

Joined the forum today as I've referenced it a bunch of times over the years but I'm finally at the point where I need to start engaging in some topics. Looking forward to connecting and learning here!

Cheers,
                                      Joe

Comment

Hi all,
                                        I live in Greece but I am from Serbia,live from hardware and software last 20 years.

Comment

Hi, E green here, I fix electronics for a hobby and will have a question now and then.

Comment

Working...
                                          X