Gateway monitor LP2407 Dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateway monitor LP2407 Dead.

Hey everyone, i'm first timer to this forum and i've never tired to do anything like this(repairing electronics)but I have faith that I can do it, I just need more info. I have a gateway monitor, model LP2407 that stop working one day after a power outage. I've been researching and I can't find to out if it would just be something as simple as "badcaps" or something maybe more difficult to repair, even if so I hope with help from you guys i'll be able to do it.

Re: Gateway monitor LP2407 Dead.

1) Post clear focused top down view pictures of your boards following my sig file below exactly. Here is an example of the composition that we want.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...94&postcount=1

2) Do you have a multimeter?
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
      1) Post clear focused top down view pictures of your boards following my sig file below exactly. Here is an example of the composition that we want.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...94&postcount=1

2) Do you have a multimeter?
      I'm on it, but I ran into a problem opening my monitor >_< I need a smaller screw driver for a couple of screws.

I do have a multimeter!

Comment

1) If the monitor stopped working after a power outage, the prime suspects are open fuse, shorted bridge rectifier, shorted power mosfet, etc.

2) Post a picture of your multimeter so we know its capabilities.

3) If you are new to electronics, watch this short multimeter tutorial by my fellow Canadian ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF3OyQ3HwfU
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
        X