Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DELL LCD E151FPp - black screen problem solved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DELL LCD E151FPp - black screen problem solved.

My Dell monitor had a comum problem on this model: no backlight. The problem is in the inverter board Ambit T501028.00, in my case REV2.
    I just replace the SMD fuse "F1" near the XA connector and the LCD backs to life.
    I hope it can help some one with the same problem.

Re: DELL LCD E151FPp - black screen problem solved.

Nice one Batman, A great help, need some more info will get back to you latter,hope thats ok

Comment

Originally posted by batman456br
      My Dell monitor had a comum problem on this model: no backlight. The problem is in the inverter board Ambit T501028.00, in my case REV2.
      I just replace the SMD fuse "F1" near the XA connector and the LCD backs to life.
      I hope it can help some one with the same problem.

Hello batman456br
      Hope your Dell monitor is still pulsing.
      Your fix for Dell lcd E151FPp can help people such as me as well,thanks to your posting who own Compaq 15'' lcd PE1212 as we have the same inverter,i have black screen also, so i checked out the fuse that you mention in your post and hey bingo, its blown.
      I have had a problem with these SMD tiny fuses before and in that case i was unable to find any data as to wether it was fast or slow blow or resetable, and when i found some i could only buy in big bulk, so that was out of the question.
      I had to get over it by rigging up a AVG glass fuse and holder onto p/board wired to smd fuse, hope i havent got to do that again.
      So can you batman456br or anyone out there tell me the part No of this smd 2 amp fuse on the inverter or any data as to, if it is fast slow or resetable and who the manufacturer is and most importantly where i can buy some.

Did you batman find the cause of this fuse blowing, please let me know if you did, i think there is nowt else i can ask accept for you to come and fix it for me Ha-Ha.

Bye the way i am from UK i am guessing you from US so if you do know a supplier i hope they will ship, sorry for being long winded
      hope you or someone out there can help

bobdee

Comment

sorry for all my gasing i still left out in my last post, that the monitor was COMPAQ TFT5015,

but the model No is pe1212

bobdee

Comment

Thanks Krankshaft
          For your time, patience and info, thanks Badcaps, you have been great help to me, bit more luck today, i saved another monitor from land fill today and lo and behold its a dell E151FPp and as mine is a compaq with the same inverter as the dreaded dell as informed in thread by batman456br, which is the ambit 501028.00 REV 2,
          i opened up this new monitor and suprise suprise this ones got a delta inverter, the problem with the monitor by the way is black screen with green light staying on but screen displays in background, quick look at delta inverter and there it is,this troublesome fuse identical to the one in the ambit inverter,and dead to go with it, the inverters are completly diffrent, but the power boards are diffrent but resemble each other, i think they are same manufactures not sure i rigged this one with temporary fuse and its up and running with the other one at this moment, could this be a ropey short life fuse i ask? though you might be interested, i will make a note of board makers and there numbers when i open them back up to do permanant repair if anyone is intrested to know them.
          As for the info you gave me, i might have a go at the smd fuse especially on the delta its more out in the open, i must learn sometime,if i run into trouble then i wil fall back on pico fuse,im sure i can safely insulate that one,it will fit and look better.
          Hope your work on the car went well, risky on the coolant leaving it that long.
          I wil let you know how i get on, it will take some time getting parts as usual, will update when done.
          many thanks
          bobdee

Comment

Hello blinkdt
            That looks good to me if it fits, did not see size on link, but I am newbie hobbist I got help from Krankshaft you might like to see it, heres the link

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...5886#post55886

The last post I made in the thread that you are in, was posted in the wrong thread, it should have been in thread I have just given you
            It tells you how I got over problem with help from K/s
            you might get help there
            Its great to save them from landfill ect, good luck hope this helps, just ask if you think I can help with any thing else

Comment

Originally posted by blinkdt
              Bobdee, were you able to identify the correct fuse for the 501028.00 Rev 2 board? I'm thinking THIS ONE will do the job, what do you think?

Thanks for any feedback.
              Hello blinkdt
              That looks good to me if it fits, did not see size on link, but I am newbie hobbist I got help from Krankshaft you might like to see it, heres the link

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...5886#post55886

The last post I made in the thread that you are in, was posted in the wrong thread, it should have been in thread I have just given you
              It tells you how I got over problem with help from K/s
              you might get help there
              Its great to save them from landfill ect, good luck hope this helps, just ask if you think I can help with any thing else
              bobdee

Comment

sorry blinkdt my reply is above your 2 posts, made stupid error that i could not put right

Comment

blinkdt
                  just found out, its not my error,they have dated your posts wrong the 12th not the 11th so they are putting my replies to you by me, in front of your post

Comment

Nice one, batman. Gonna have to hunt around and get some of those fuses, there appears to be a boatload of these "disposable" monitors at the local recycler and on eBay. Darned shame, too, cause they are nice little monitors.

Comment

Bobdee, were you able to identify the correct fuse for the 501028.00 Rev 2 board? I'm thinking THIS ONE will do the job, what do you think?

Thanks for any feedback.

Comment

I've got DELL E151FPp monitor with T501028.00 REV.3 inverter, I had replaced fuse FN with a wire from glass fuse, instruction in attachment.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have a very proud little 15 inch LCD Philips monitor repaired today as suggested; I typed in the inverter board number and hit on this forum......thanks a million. I used a standard 2 amps wired fuse.
                          Last edited by windmill; 02-25-2010, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X