Samsung 50" Plasma PN50A450P1D vertical lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 50" Plasma PN50A450P1D vertical lines

Looking for help in solving this vertical line issue. TV was off for 4 days and first power up shows a group of vertical lines (Multiple colors) going up the right side of the panel.

From my quick reviews of the FAQ's and such it looks like it could be a simple repair but I am not sure. Before I take the TV down I would like to get a couple of possible solutions ready. I have access to DMM and other parts but am not that technical so any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you,
    Rich
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 65t350; 07-05-2013, 05:59 PM. Reason: More info in title

Re: Samsung 50" Plasma PN50A450P1D vertical lines

Most probably is not repairable.

Comment

It's either a panel issue (not at all uncommon for this Samsung model), poorly-seated connector on one of the address boards that run along the bottom of the panel in the vicinity of the defect, or a bad address board. It's hard to see the issue clearly in your pic because of the brightness, but I'd bank on a bad panel. My PN50A450 had vertical lines in a random pattern - bad panel.
      Last edited by capkid; 07-06-2013, 01:34 AM.
      LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Originally posted by capkid View Post
        It's either a panel issue (not at all uncommon for this Samsung model), poorly-seated connector on one of the address boards that run along the bottom of the panel in the vicinity of the defect, or a bad address board. It's hard to see the issue clearly in your pic because of the brightness, but I'd bank on a bad panel. My PN50A450 had vertical lines in a random pattern - bad panel.
        Thank you for your feedback. Here is a closer picture of the vertical lines. You can still see an image through the lines and the color pattern repeats.

Does this help determine the potential problem?

Thanks,
        Rich
        Attached Files

Comment

A repeating pattern is a little more lucky, it may be just loose connector. It is likely to be a bad plasma panel though.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Got the plasma down off the wall and took the back off. Checked and reset all ribbon cables and problem is still there. I notice that the main logic board feeds both E.F buffers with a 60 pin ribbon. Would I learn anything if I drove the E buffer with the signal meant for the F buffer?

My fears is that the panel is gone but I don't have the knowledge to know when to "Pull the Plug".

Thanks again,
            Rich

Comment

Did you figure out what the problem was? I have the same problem.

Comment

Working...
              X