Fujitsu Siemens L22W-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fujitsu Siemens L22W-1

I just received this monitor... 22", 1680x1050... nice design.

The guy was saying it just stopped showing picture.

It's 1:45 AM now so I can't test it right now with an actual image and computer but without any signal, I powered it up and the lights seem to be working as the screen went gray but it had lots of very thin vertical lines of various lengths and colors.
    After about 4-6 seconds, it turned itself off and the power led turned from blue to orange/red.

Actual LCD screen is a Samsung LTM220M1-L01 panel.
    The power supply looks OK... no capacitors swollen, nothing looking like it's burned or smoked. Capacitors are a mix of Suscon, Lelon and probably another brand as well but they all look ok visually as i said.

Voltage output is 5V, tested with a multimeter and showed 5.2v - when led turns orange it changes periodically between 5v and about 3.7v (but maybe i also wasn't holding the probes very fixed)

So for now, do you guys have any suggestions on what should I check further?

I think it would be best to make a small clip with the way the screen looks when powering on but I don't feel like working anymore this night on it - it's not pleasant to work with poor lighting.
    Attached Files

Re: Fujitsu Siemens L22W-1

Gray or white screen without colored lines is usually related to t-con issues - either LVDS cable is loose or a shorted ceramic capacitor on the t-con.

Since you do get colored lines with the gray screen, a bad t-con may or may not be the issue in your case.

Either way, check the fuse on the t-con board as well as the main boosted voltage rail (usually labeled as AVDD). If the fuse is good or AVDD shows more than 30 Ohm to ground, it should be okay.
    Checking these two items is not a definite answer to whether the t-con is bad or not, but those are usually the two most common issues I've seen on t-cons and they are very easy to check with a multimeter.
    In case you can't find it, main boosted voltage rail should be wired to the cathode of a diode which usually sits next to or close to a SMT inductor.
    Last edited by momaka; 09-14-2011, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks for answering.

I've made some more tests and tried to run it connected to a computer and I didn't notice any colored lines or something like that, like I saw or thought I saw yesterday night...
      It turns on, shows the blue led... takes about 2-3 seconds for back lights to turn on then in 1-2 seconds, back lights turn off and led turns to orange. Bad inverters perhaps? How would I test these?

So I'm really stuck now with this, I don't know what else should I try so I appreciate any suggestions.

I'm also attaching pictures of the board attached to the lcd panel, if there's anything I can check with a multimeter on that one please let me know.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
        Thanks for answering.

I've made some more tests and tried to run it connected to a computer and I didn't notice any colored lines or something like that, like I saw or thought I saw yesterday night...
        It turns on, shows the blue led... takes about 2-3 seconds for back lights to turn on then in 1-2 seconds, back lights turn off and led turns to orange. Bad inverters perhaps? How would I test these?

So I'm really stuck now with this, I don't know what else should I try so I appreciate any suggestions.

I'm also attaching pictures of the board attached to the lcd panel, if there's anything I can check with a multimeter on that one please let me know.
        You said something very significant here. Here's the setup: The monitor should be hooked to a working computer displaying a desktop (ideally at a low resolution). Try testing both VGA and DVI inputs. Does the power led go from blue to orange no matter which input is connected?

If the led always goes to amber, you have a signal card problem.

If the led stays blue when a particular input is receiving signal, the signal card may not be the problem.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Ok, this is interesting.

I put it back together. Tested a second computer's dvi output , powered it and it remained on showing the picture in the attachment.

Pulled out the dvi, connected vga cable on same card and it went in stand by (i guess, the orange led). I think this is normal because the video card isn't smart enough to switch outputs while running.

Turned off the PC, took out the dvi cable and left only vga, monitor stayed on and showed the same picture.

It shows up after a while, which seems to be consistent with the number of seconds the PC needs to finish with the text modes and show the classic windows wallpaper.

The monitor also turned to black after a few minutes (without led going orange), again after about the time it takes to stay on Windows login screen to get the screen saving feature.

Next step, going to connect it to the computer I'm actually typing from which has a card that can do 2 x dvi outputs - connecting it as a second monitor I'll be able to see if the resolution and all that is detected properly. Going to edit my post and add the info asap.

PS. Monitor properly detected on this computer, not showing the same picture but all light gray (probably the plain light blue I had as background for the second monitor), when moving a window about 720x576 in size across what should be the second monitor I see a basically that area getting darker but can't distinguish anything resembling that window's content.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mariushm; 09-15-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Check the output of the regulators on the logic board. If you see any fluctuating, replace its output capacitor. I've had a bad cap after the 1.8v regulator cause this kind of picture.
            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

This is a malfunction or deshifratrov loops. You can restore the presence of loops, decoders for replacement and the presence of special equipment and supplies (anisotropic tape).

Comment

Once again in English please ?

Not trying to be rude, but I really don't understand a word you're saying.

Anyway, this monitor was one of the first I've tried to fix and it's still sitting on a desk as I started to work on others and left it like that.

I also had some issues clearing the solder from some holes and back then I decided to experiment with dremel to clear the hole and I think I messed up the insides of the through hole connection - not very keep on fixing the pcb now but will keep working on it when I am really bored.

Nowadays I know to use liquid flux and copper wick and better solder station..

Comment

This is interesting..

I'm currently working on a "Belinea O.Display 2 22 Wide", which seems to be identical to a Viewsonic and several noname (Yusmart/YĆ¼smart, Novita) 22" LCDs.

Mine has a blinking power LED and nothing else works. PSU/Inverter board is OK.
                  The other threads I've found had problems with garbage on the screen (sound familiar?) or the monitor simply being completely dead.

There's one thing all of them (including your Fujitsu-Siemens and my Belinea) have in common: The TSUMU58WHJ-LF controller IC.

I'd say that's the prime suspect here and probably not possible to fix unless you can get a working controller board from somewhere

Comment

Working...
                  X