STR - Y6476 testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STR - Y6476 testing

Hi there wondering if someone could tell me if its possible to test the above component out of circuit using a multimeter.i have removed it from the power supply board of my lcd tv as there was burning around the legs on the back of the circuit board.also where is the best place to get a replacement in the uk.
    thank you.

Re: STR - Y6476 testing

thats a power ic,these normally fail VCC to ground,just identify the legs from datasheet,you want to see high resistance between the 2 legs (vcc and ground)
    fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
    please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

hi there.
      thank you for your reply.i tested between vcc and ground as you said ,and it did show high resistance,so i guess its ok.
      thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbt123 View Post
        Hi there wondering if someone could tell me if its possible to test the above component out of circuit using a multimeter.i have removed it from the power supply board of my lcd tv as there was burning around the legs on the back of the circuit board.also where is the best place to get a replacement in the uk.
        thank you.
        also burning like that can be due to cracked solder joints,seen it a million times,turning the light off and flexing the board with an insulated tool may show it up as a spark.
        fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
        please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Working...
        X