Panasonic Viera TC-P50G10 7 Blinking Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Viera TC-P50G10 7 Blinking Red

Picked up another freebie, (it amazing what people throw away). I know this is a common problem and will do some thread searching. I haven't worked on a Plasma yet but I couldn't pass this one up. Upon my initial inspection I definitely found a problem as you can see in the close up picture there is an area of arc'ing maybe lightning damage on one of the boards.
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic Viera TC-P50G10 7 Blinking Red

Here's a closer picture of the burnt area, pretty much thinking I need a SC board.
    Attached Files

Comment

Do you think changing the 2 resistors and the diode that are fried would be worth a try or do you think the board is beyond repair?

Comment

Actually looks like something may have been spilled in there that caused that, from the photo's. Up to you how you tackle this, I have the full circuit diagrams, you can try to repair the SC board, and there is also a way to run the set with the buffers disconnected to prevent any damage to them by jumpering a connection. So assuming the buffers have survived I would suggest you start taking some readings around that dodgy looking area.
        Also test the connector that carries the VS and 15v supplies to the SC board, see that it's not shorted to ground on one of those rails.

Comment

Wish I was in your area, I've never found much chucked out apart from some CRT's. These are excellent sets, definitely the best Plasmas and well worth fixing providing the display hasn't failed.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I am new to this (plasmas especially) can you point me in the direction of the VS and 15v supply.

Comment

Well actually there only appears to be a VS supply on the SC board there, I think the 15v comes via a different path. Anyway on your first picture at the top left is a large connector with a blue and white wire. Check resistance on the SC board from the white connection to a ground point (or between the two points on the connector). Short there means more investigation and there's likely FET damage along with the problem you have observed. Panasonic call it VSUS rather than VS.

Comment

Ok from the white connection to ground is greater than 1 meg ohm. Resistance varies across the connector but is not short.

Comment

I do have a short from the white side to one side of the burnt diode.

Comment

15V & 5v is via SC20
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by tw2005; 05-22-2013, 01:15 AM.

Comment

The white wire carries the VSUS voltage, can you tell me the location of the diode?

Comment

D618
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ok I am having problems finding the 5v and 15v.

When I power the tv on with everything connected it give me an initial voltage of around 190 volts feeding each board SC... but after a few seconds the voltage drops...

Comment

It drops beacause of the SOS shutdown, TP16,17 - gnd or across c563(c16563) 100uf 10v cap is the 5V in,TP6,7,82 - gnd 15V in, also on Pin 8 IC581, pin 11 IC521, pin4,5 IC791,

you could measure the resistance there to ground in case something has shorted on the 5V & 15V

Comment

no 5v or 15v present. 500ohm short between IC581 pin 8 and ground. Also D618 has solid short across it.

Comment

I have a SC which had 380ohms, one of the 2 tiny 20pin buffer chips had shorted. Still have not got that one going either. TNPA5081, similar cct but where you have C563 I have 10uf ceramic with a 5.6K resistor across it. I get 5.6K on P5V which suggests across vcc-gnd must be much higher in value ince they're in parallel.

Comment

Would this be a suitable replacement for the damaged diode?
                                  http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...9AT-ND/2143013

Comment

RF101L4STE25

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...5CT-ND/2331722
                                    Attached Files

Comment

One last quick question. I need the small resistor marked 473 (I have a few of the 683) I can find the 473 on Digi but I'm not sure what wattage?

Comment

If you have not already, download the manual. Order extras and there's probably more than just those 2 items. I'd expect that FET Q604 blown as well and those smd resistors can be bad even though they may look ok.

ERJ8GEYJ473

Specifications
                                        Case Style Moulded
                                        Depth 1.6mm
                                        Dimensions 3.2 x 1.6 x 0.6mm
                                        Height 0.6mm
                                        Length 3.2mm
                                        Maximum Operating Temperature +155°C
                                        Maximum Temperature Coefficient +200ppm/°C
                                        Minimum Operating Temperature -55°C
                                        Minimum Temperature Coefficient -200ppm/°C
                                        Package/Case 1206
                                        Power Rating 1/4W
                                        Resistance 47kΩ
                                        Technology Thick Film
                                        Temperature Coefficient ±200ppm/°C
                                        Tolerance ±5%

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...KECT-ND/203339

Comment

Working...
                                        X