LG 60PC1D-UE picture messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 60PC1D-UE picture messed up

I don't know what the fault is for sure, but I'd be surprised if Y and Z are the cause.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

well logic boards are cheap...i hope u r right

but the inermittent issues to me would serm like bad solder joint or part that is starting to fail such as ipm

i would think a logic board would be either bad or good....not intermittent

no?

Comment

and its getting worse.....now i cant get a perfect pic intermittrntly like i did a week or so ago......

Comment

Logic boards can fail intermittently, and give a variety of symptoms... I would be considering it.
          It's worth also checking the Vscan, -Vy and Vzbias against the sticker ratings.
          See if they change during the fault or fail to match sticker ratings.
          You can find a service guide for this panel (not the TV), I think it is 60X6, in my signature.
          Search for "50R1" under LG...it's in the same guide.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

update....just replaced ysus...tv seems to have good picture now....5min test only

will test longer.later today ...im hoping its now fixed...we will c

tom...it doesnt appear logic board was the issue....but cant say for sure until further testing

Comment

hey tom...did further testing today and with replacement y board installed tv is doing exact same thing as before... same type of issue...exact same

so that should tell me the y board is not the problem?...and you said it doesnt appear to be z board issue....

should i replace the logic like you think it is?...or could it indeed b a z board issue?

thats why i asked you about this tv...you know a lot about plasma tvs

Comment

when i replaced the y board today the pic was great for first 5 min so i guess i was ....prematurely hioping it was fixed

wrong...wrong wrong....

as said above the tv is behaving same as when i had other y in it so i have to assume the y is not the problem...

Comment

I said before I don't think it's a Y or Z issue because this isn't a typical Y/Z failure.
                  I think you should check -Vy/Vscan/Vzbias as mentioned before to rule out other issues.

Comment

what would checking those voltages say about the issue and board at fault?....and what board do i check them on?.....y and z?...i now believe the y is good

the logic board is only $30......if u think i should replace it

im getting a refund on the y i bought

Comment

Look at the documentation I provided you on my website. See post #44. It goes through the testing procedure.
                      Last edited by tom66; 08-09-2017, 03:43 AM.

Comment

ok thank u..i will

Comment

Ok I downloaded Serb man

It's a very nice manual....wish all were like that...

Will do some reading and testing later

Thank you tom

U r awesome

Comment

Hi tom here are voltages using test points per serving manual....

Panel specs

Va 60v
                            Vs 193v
                            Vsc 110v
                            Vy -65v
                            vsetup 250v

Actual readings

Va 61.3
                            Vs. 194.8
                            Vy 64.6
                            Vsc fluctuating and out of range above 600v
                            Vsetup no reading/out of range above 600v

Comment

Also

Zbias 170v actual.....specs 170v

Ydrive waveform ....2v.actual...waveform did not resemble specs at all.....specs 220v

Comment

if vsc and vsetup voltages are messed up doesnt that mean y or y buffer issue?

Comment

Make sure you're using the right ground as specified in the manual, Vsc and Vsetup are not always tested wrt to chassis ground.

Comment

vsc and vsetup tested per serv man using test points across resistors

what di the bad readings at vsc and vsetup mean?

Comment

should i try to test vsc and vsetup with other boards disconnected to try to isolate?

Comment

Could be a Y-sustain issue or a control board issue...hard to tell.
                                        If you have a scope or access to one that may be useful.
                                        You can try with the buffers disconnected.

Comment

tom
                                          when i disconnect buffers from y....bad vsc vsetup

if i disconnect logic board from y.with buffers connected to y.....i get good vsc and vsetup

vsc 110.6v
                                          vsetup 249v

what can this mean?

Comment

Working...
                                          X