LG 60PC1D-UE picture messed up

im reposting this thread and starting over with new details

random distorted picture issue

1. tv powers on fine
    2 sound is good
    3. all voltages coming from ps are good vs va etc etc
    4. heat sinks over ipms on z and y all get warm to touch
    5. logic board has solid green lights in 2 areas
    6. there seems to be 2 constant horizontal distorted areas on the screen see photo
    7. picture does some crazy coloring outlining randomly see photo
    8 if i hit menu button while in tv mode or av mode with a video playing the menu screen is messed up like picture is
    9 if i have tv on av input with dvd player off....the menu screen is perfect all the time see photo

im not sure whats going on here but there seems to me some patterns and some non patterns...its just weird

can anyone help me

the horizontal distortions would seem to be y or y buffer issue?

but not sure about when the image goes crazy and weird..see photos

all of the photos were taken today and all during about 30 min time frame....

the picture with the onscreen menu showing was tv in av input with dvd player off....screen is perfect at that time....

the last photo is with tv on antenna mode no antenna hooked up...should be white / black snow snow but its odd distorted colors....
    Attached Files

Re: LG 60PC1D-UE picture messed up

all the other pictures are just pictures taken during playback of the dvd....and all is random....

Comment

this also happens when in tv antenna mode...

Comment

tom66 in some older posts mentioned something about common cracked solder joints / cold solder joints joints on y and z under some multiple induction coils...but i checked them all and they do not visually look cracked at all

Comment

hi could someone tell me where some voltage test points are on this y board

i get good voltages going from ps to y board and out from y board to to z /x board

and if someone could tell me by the photos which board would be best to replace to start with that would be aw3some\\\

i really want to fix this tv....but im stumped

sometimes picture is great for a second and then goes partial bad then all bad and etc etc...see photos...all photos were taken recently and as you can see the image randomly changes on how it looks........and its still doing the same

thank you
          Attached Files

Comment

do these symptoms look like z board issue or y board/ buffer issue?

the horizontal distorted areas i would think would be a y or y buffer issue rather than z/x issue..is that correct?

Comment

This might help, (60X6 panel) page 162 shows the points to measure the voltages, I kind of suspect the vsus and its possible one of the ipm's are going bad.
              Some of the ipm's were open and you could see the damage like the one in the picture, all 4 fets are burnt. It's possible one of your ipm's is just on the verge of failing, or it could be something completely different.
              I dont think the buffers would cause this and the z should effect the whole screen not just half.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by R_J; 07-30-2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

thanks

my vs = 191v

specs say 193v

is this ok?

Comment

thats fine, 2 volts won't cause this problem, but is that with a good picture or when it goes bad? I suspect the voltages won't change when the picture is bad as its the drive signal that changes and you would need a scope to see that.

Comment

tested when pic good and messed up.....at ps connector

Comment

would u say my symptoms would be y or x issue?

Comment

I suspect the Y There are a couple other voltages you can check on the Ysus.

Comment

whats ur opinion on y buffers?

if they were shorted i wouldnt think a good picture even randomly would appear like it has

Comment

sorry just saw ur y buffer opinion

Comment

Usually buffers don't go intermitint and if it did it would effect 1 horz. line as a rule unless the whole ic went bad then it shows up as a dark or white 3-4 inch band across the screen.

Comment

thanks......i can get a y for about $50

worth a try?

when i got this tv....owner said tv worked great but after 15min pic would get distorted

since i got it picture has been getting less good and more bad

but still intermittent

Comment

you could heat the sus boards up (1 at a time), from cold, and see if you can induce the fault quicker.
                                  WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

that could work but in my case not sure..since currently its totally random....and bad at startup all the time now...

..unless im on av input with no video...when i do that and hit menu the osd is perfect all the time as shown in pic..can anyone explain wby?

Comment

The darker section in the lower half of the screen could be failed buffer ic's since they address every other line. Look up close (or better use a cellphone camera) and see if every other line is black.

The solarization is odd. You should jump the control board and see if the test patterns show the same anomoly - could be a main board fault.

Comment

well i ordered a y sustain board and y buffers today..both used on ebay which i know can be a risk...but they are refundable if non working...i got the y for 58.00 shipped and the buffers for 18.00set shipped .....very reasonable for this model tv....

when i install them i will get back with how tv acts.....

Comment

Working...
                                        X