Dell U2713Hb won't power on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell U2713Hb won't power on.

Hello, if i can ask for some kind of help through your kindness i will be grateful, because i cannot afford at this moment new monitor .

After short circuit in the power strip my Dell is not powering on .

After i have opened him i 've noticed that none of the power supply board elements is damaged,

After checking other boards i saw damaged element on "inverter" board ( picture : 3.jpg ).

I got few questions about that.

Can i measure inside boards without lcd panel connected ( this is most expensive part and it is probably good...i hope ) ?

Do i have to replace that element before i will do any measurments with power cord connected ?

... I do not want to damage it more, that is why i am asking, but probably few more elements are damaged that does not have any visible damages.

But strange is that every fuse is good...and that voltage came such a long way

Can someone help me to figure out what that element is and how to make measurments ?

Thank You for Your precious help .

As a token of my appreciation i can help to someone in "web stuff", because i am web developer.

Regards
    Thomas
    Attached Files
    Last edited by madfreak; 08-16-2017, 02:57 PM.

Re: Dell U2713Hb won't power on.

Probably the gate driver is toast too. If you put a new FET on there, change that ic next to it too. What do you mean under not powering on? No backlight? Totally dead, etc?
    Last edited by CapLeaker; 08-20-2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Thank You for reply,

yes it is completely "dead", no power, no backlight, no diode indicator.

You are talking about that 8 pin ic near that damaged part right...because that is what i was thinking also that needs to be replaced.

But what that damaged part is ? The label is not readable because of explode
      Do You have any suggestions what it might be ?

Comment

Hi Thomas,

The item, that you looking for has a number:

G9212V

It is looks like linear VR or some MOSFET (hard to say).

It would be great, if you can make a detailed photos of power supply board.
        In my case, some resistors and IC have damaged.

Thank you in advance
        Attached Files

Comment

Did you guys ever make any progress on this? im trying to identify R616 but i cant see the colored lines on it in your photo Madfreak

Comment

Hi guys.

Same powerboard, no blown stuff... but not working.
            The R616 from left to right: brown-black-orange-gold so 10k Ohms

Good luck!

Comment

Hi all, have any of you made any progress?

I've got the same monitor and have a thread going here https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71459 with lots of images if it helps anyone.

I'm suspecting IC532 might be bad as well - the ground terminal heats up quite a lot when manually running the board with a bench supply. Has anyone replaced this and got it working?

Comment

Originally posted by 01vvv01 View Post
                Hi Thomas,

The item, that you looking for has a number:

G9212V

It is looks like linear VR or some MOSFET (hard to say).

It would be great, if you can make a detailed photos of power supply board.
                In my case, some resistors and IC have damaged.

Thank you in advance
                G9212V is not a mosfet, but a voltage regulator from 13.xV from a diode to 12V to the connector to the logic board. I made a mistake by replacing it by a mosfet until I lost the 12V to the logic board.
                Actually i replaced it by a 7812 which did the job.

Comment

I started having a problem in the monitor where this G9212V was installed which I replaced by a 7812.
                  When white color is predominant in the monitor it starts to blink.
                  I believe this must be caused by insuficient voltage (12V - to the video card) which is actually 11V due to the voltage drop in the 7812 regulator.
                  The monitor is an ASUS VS24A.
                  I have requested from ASUS the schamatic for the power supply in order to check the components, voltages etc but they refused to assist (BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM ASUS).
                  So the workaround I am thinking - as I cant find this G9212V - is to bypass the regulator, simply adding a resistor to reduce the 12.3V input to around 11.9-12.0V.
                  And certainly hope that no voltage surge happens.
                  If anyone has some other solution, please feel free to post.
                  Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X