Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio Sound Stand

Here is an odd one....

My Vizio Sound Stand which I know may not be hifi and all that such and such but it worked fine... That is until all of a sudden I turn it on and start playing some tunes then it stops playing and emits a buzzing noise that remains until I remove power from the unit.

This now happens every time after a minute or two of playing buzzzzzzzzzzz until I unplug it. It uses a small 24v power supply hooked to the board there is a total of 3 speakers hooked to the amp board one small sub and two small speakers. There is an IR transciever and a LED which are hooked to it and there is a small button control panel other than that typical electronics.

To me all the caps look to be in fair shape nothing gushing out of them etc... But who knows.

Maybe someone has some pointers on componnents that would cause this issue? Or the best way to troubleshoot.
    Please note: I am not responsible for any harm caused to you anything discussed is just discussion. Before you try anything discussed be sure that you have the appropriate knowledge and safety gear for the job. Like with anything education and safety are first! Do not try anything @ home without it.
Working...
X