Heathkit AR-1219 manuals anywhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heathkit AR-1219 manuals anywhere?

Anyone run across manuals for the Heathkit AR-1219 AM/FM integrated tuner-amplifier?

I chanced upon one that seemed to be broken, but actually seems to work fine. Alas it would be neat to have the schematics for it...

I wonder why when tuning it, it's a fairly wide band to tune into a specific station unlike some of my other tuners requires fairly careful tuning to move the variable cap to the right capacitance...

Of course the digital tuners don't have this problem...

Re: Heathkit AR-1219 manuals anywhere?

If you want to PURCHASE a manual should be plenty of places to find online. If yo want FREE stuff well good luck with that.

Comment

this manual maybe close?
      https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...b17867e409.pdf

Comment

Thanks, yeah the AJ1214 will at least give some clues, maybe it's close enough to get alignment hints. I wonder what's "special" about the AR1219 that it didn't turn up as popular as other units, perhaps it's one of the later ones before Heathkit stopped selling kits.

Comment

i am surprised some fan has not created an archive like the one for Rado-Shack catalogs!

did they sell many of the R2D2 looking robots btw? that was probably the most expensive kit i ever saw!

Comment

In tech college, they used the AR-1214 to teach radio alignment, on a massive CRT display lol.

The IF alignment was tricky because if you "lined up" all IF slugs for max. gain, the IF amps went unstable and oscillated. Instead, you had to stagger the IF, one a bit left, one a bit right which gave more bandwidth and poorer selectivity. Can't believe this knowledge is relevant lol.

Comment

It looks like the AR-1214 (Black front) is the same as the AR-1219 which has a silver front

Comment

Strange that the black front was released several -years- earlier than the silver one... hmm. I wonder if they're electrically the same, alas, the 1214 data is also sparse...

Comment

Working...
                X