This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi. I'm new here because I'm the type of guy that fixes everything. I search out answers to make things work. This forum seems like a great a resource for shared information.The internet has made it possible to find out what you need to know about almost anything.

Comment

Hi everyone, joined up since having issues with an Elo monitor.

Comment

hello
        i'm tuyishime sylvere
        from Rwanda
        interest too mach on this site, it was helped me for the bios files many times
        i'ld like to participate on this site as mach as possible i could.
        and i present many thanks to "Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd" who was created the helpful site like this as it was helped me to become a good technician in my country.

best regards sylvere

Comment

Hello from Spain.....My name is Ovidio and i am a 35 years old .I am in the world of electronics from 2000 started with mobile phones since nokia was a great big brand......i started with repair,unlocking and software with serial and pararel ports.Then i got into computer laptop repair.
          Nothing yet on tv vcr audio amplifier.
          I found this an interested forum with a lot of technical information and hope one day i will be helpful on this forum.

Thank you

Comment

Hi, my name is Jo. I love to tinker and build anything. I served over 8 years as a Nuclear Submarine Electrician and am always working on something. Thank you in advance for all your posts and advice

Comment

Hello gang

I live Argentina, currently working on a 3d printer factory.
              I appreciate in advance all the help i will get from this forum.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi Friends,

I live in France, close to Nice.

My job is IT Director and my hobby is the repairing of old Hi-Fi devices, such as the vintage amplifiers, preamplifiers, tuners, K7, etc... as well as upgrading modern high-end devices.
                I have probably changed around 1,000 capacitors since the beginning of the year !

I am particularly look to the best available capacitors, to be used in the audio circuits or audio power supplies.

Comment

Hello guys,

Im from Bosnia & Herzegovina, 21 yo, studying Electronics Engineering in BanjaLuka (3rd year). From my childhood I was interested how electronic's staff is working, so I managed to get everything apart. Have a lot of projects made from the parts I get from old electronics, learning Java (for Android Development) and currently working in small PC/laptop/mobile phone service.

Registred to this forum, because there are probbably (for sure) a lot of people with more experience than myself, so I can get help about something and also for my free time I'll read some topics in order to help the others - if Im familiar with certain topic.

Comment

Hi, I'm in Northridge, California. Work in Real Estate side. No clue in electronics. But find it fascinating.

Comment

Hello my name is Josh I am from Australia, I am a electronics junkie basically, I like to understand how things work and behave. I don't not work in the electronics industry so it is more of a hobby for me. if there is any thing further you would like to know about me please ask.

Comment

name is ras from south africa,i own a computer electronic shop.jjoined the forum today and i managd to crack the bios password of asus 550v... great forum indeed
                        (asus a550v)2009-01-01 1BLDABLA

Comment

Hi my name is Scott and I'm from San Jose Ca. Always been willing to take things apart to try to fix them. Looking to expand my knowledge.

Comment

Hi, Mike here. Working on an antenna problem.

Comment

Hey, my name is Michael I live in Poland. I am an electrician but works in the computer service is my hobby and I like it very greet.

Comment

Hi there, my name is Thomas. I'm actually working on some troube with a Samsung TV Set.

Comment

Hi all,
                                  Name is Jerry and I am retired from a local power company. Now working part time
                                  doing computer/software work for a medical transcription company. Have built and repaired much electronics over the years. Doing ham radio as a hobby mainly in the
                                  winter months.

Comment

Re: New Members - Hello. Nice To Meet.

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images...:nutkick::bow:
                                    And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

Hi all, I am a uk radio amateur. Nothing is broken, it is all just in various states of repair.

Comment

Hello I am jreese6000 and I am a first timer from KY. Love to work with elect. things that are broken but when it comes to Mosfet I am a D- go to class every day kind of Guy.

Comment

Hi my name is Loren. I was given this site as a reference tool to help me trouble shoot my tv and to get parts.

Comment

Working...
                                          X