Toshiba L355 won't show display on lcd after replacing thermal paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba L355 won't show display on lcd after replacing thermal paste

ok, first of all to my defense i've opened and replaced thermal paste and cleaned the fan assembly on a bunch of laptops before and never had an issue until this Toshiba L355-S7905. After I cleaned it and put it back, there was no picture on screen but connecting external monitor worked fine, also the backlight works fine, so I figured I should just reseat the lcd cable behind the screen (how that got affected is beyond me since all I opened was the lower part of the laptop). Anyway I reseat it, still no picture. I then bought two cables on ebay and still no picture with either one of them. Did the lcd module get screwed up somehow during the process? Its wierd cos my opening had nothing to do with it. any ideas on my next step?

Re: Toshiba L355 won't show display on lcd after replacing thermal paste

@ minghi may be it's the gpu problem.

Comment

Re: Toshiba L355 won't show display on lcd after replacing thermal paste

hi -you seem to have covered most bases other than trying another panel.
      Gpu seems ok as it works externally. Screen back lights work (is that a stand alone test or in the laptop using the laptop panel cable). I can only suggest you get a magnifying glass and examine closely the sockets on the motherboard and on the panel to check for bent/broken pins.Are there any locking devices - do they click into place. Clean the pins with isopropyl alcohol. Whilst connected and on firmly but gently press on/move the connectors.
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
      X