need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some help

Hello I'm new here and I have a question I was hoping someone would be able to help me?
    I can't leave the main menu and I've tried using a mouse to navigate with no luck. Ive been able to find out that it is a chi mei innolux lcd serial number (m220z1-lo3) there's also some other numbers on here ( 89c1q0905ng0003 and cm22z13166tn4npa05m0035) display but I do not have the remote for it so I have no clue how to use this! Do I have to hook a computer tower up to this or can I just put USB stick in? is there a universal remote code? Any help would be amazing!!! Thank you if you need any other info please let me know

Re: need some help

Sorry mate you have lost me !! Is this a tv or a monitor or what?

Comment

I believe it is a monitor. It's basically just the lcd panels encased in a steel frame. There is a board on the side with a USB connector and a SD card slot.

Comment

i have some pictures of it if that helps
        Attached Files

Comment

That label seems to be just for the display panel, what is this thing connected to? What is connected to it right now that is puting the video of the gears on the screen?
          There must be a main board, a power supply etc. also
          Usually there are a few buttons that are connected to the main control board to control the on screen menu
          Is there a touch screen that normaly goes over the display screen?
          Last edited by R_J; 02-24-2017, 10:45 PM.

Comment

the panels on the bottom are touch sensors but touching them just takes me to a blank screen. there are 4 boards on this thing, 3 green and 1 white. there is a in line power supply. I've looked this thing up and down and it seems the only thing I can control is the volume knob on the top of the monitor. here are pictures of the 4 boards.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hopefully it didn't have a touch screen cover over top because It didn't have it when I got it.

Comment

This merged company 2010 produces TFT LCD panels for a lot of big companies including tv manufacturers. Probably need to Google it and search.

Comment

You are missing the keyboard that connects to CN7, You should be able to make one with a few buttons
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by R_J; 02-25-2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

How would I go about making this? I don't have a clue how to make things like that!

Comment

This is too complicated? then connect a wire to CN7 Pin 4 (or Ground) and touch the other end of the wire to one pin at a time (pin 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10) and see which one has the desired effect
                      That plug (CN7) is where the keyboard plugs in, You don't have one so what else are you going to do?
                      I can't tell which is pin 1 but if you check on cn7 pin 4 will be connected to ground, that will tell you which way the plug is numbered

I also don't know which button S1 - S7 would be, looks like its Power, Menu, Vol+, Vol-, Input, Exit
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by R_J; 02-26-2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I'll give this a shot. Ive never really done this kind of thing or even taught myself wiring blueprints thanks for all your help and hopefully I'll be able to make this work!

Comment

Note: these are normaly open momentary switches.
                          The way it works is each button has a certain function, when the switch is pushed it takes that line to ground. So if S1 was the power switch when it is pushed it takes the K0 line to ground telling the microprocessor to turn off or turn on the monitor, if S2 was the Menu, pushing it would take K1 logic line to ground turning the menu on and off. etc.
                          It would be easier to navigate the menu with the keyboard, so you only have to push a button to change items. maybe a local electronic shop would have a plug that fits CN7 and an old keyboard with a similar switch arangement.

Comment

What you want is similar to this but with 7 buttons and 10 pins http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-LC...kAAOSwd4tUCDcO

Getting closer https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs...208.4.8.LpgIzF
                            Last edited by R_J; 02-26-2017, 11:30 PM.

Comment

The aliexpress one looks the closest match to what is needed. Good find.
                              Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

This is great! Thank you so much for your help. I'm gonna order one of these soon and I'll let ya know how it goes! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X