X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryobi 18 volt battery and a sound bar a very good hack

Here is the story

I went to a Kmart that is closing their doors for ever sad

So I was looking around the store and went to the electronic department to see what they had
    And saw these sound bars it is a brand that I have not seen before but the price was only $45.00 I thought what the heck I would give them a try and see what happens

The sound was very good on this sound bar (I went back to the store the next day and bought a second one)

it has a remote that works the sound and switches from line in to Bluetooth device when in this mode you can control the music tracks and more

This sound bar has 18 volt switching power supply brick ( by the way I stole it's power cord)

This got me thinking about how I could make this portable and take it any where

I have some old Ryobi 18 volt chargers for the nicad batteries that I do not use and more so I took the gut out of it and just use the case for the battery to power the sound bar I can run this for hours before it drain the battery down from 4 bars of power down to 3 bars of power

This works real good with the MP3 player hack I just did a week ago the two work real good together now when I do power supply repair in my shed I can jam out to good music which was a real problem before

I also have a good stereo system in the shed also but it is not the same I can not choose the songs I want to hear when I want to hear them
    Now I can choose which one I want to use and when I want to use it

If try to put the MP3 player to the stereo system it volume is not very loud with out using a preamp which is a pain in the @ss if you what I mean
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 02-25-2017, 09:50 PM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps
Working...
X