Monitor Replacment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor Replacment

My monitor was acting up, so upon investigating I found a cap I suspected to be bad. It was a 1000uf 10v. According to the manual it was used to smooth the current waves. It is C818 if you want to check, here is the manual:

After looking everywhere for a capacitor with the same specs, all I could find was a 1500uf 10v. I put it in and the monitor seems to be repaired.

So my question is just one of general safety. Do you think a difference in uf such as this capacitors application is a risk of fire or electrical shock?

any help is appreciated!

Re: Monitor Replacment

It's better to change the whole bunch of capacitors on the power supply board , won't cost more than 10 dollars . It's Better to respect schema specifications , cause any messing with , will only put stress on other components , and probably reveal some unexpected weird symptoms .

Comment

Increasing capacitance in output filters is generally a good thing. What is important is to also not decrease the ESR too much.

It is also generally good to replace ALL caps as where one is bad, more will follow, unless they are quality series from good brand.
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

thanks for the input. so you recommend to replace all electrolytic caps and no matter the size?

thanks

Comment

All non-quality ones for suitable replacements.
          Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
          Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
          X