Benq G2010WP Powers off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benq G2010WP Powers off

Monitor powers off for some seconds and come back for some seconds… do you think it's the power inverter or a controlling unit.

There I got a picture of the power inverter board.

Best regards

Andreas
    Attached Files

Re: Benq G2010WP Powers off

Without more detail, you might be experiencing 2 seconds to black which is documented in posts #19, 20, and 21 at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
      Without more detail, you might be experiencing 2 seconds to black which is documented in posts #19, 20, and 21 at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419
      can i also try this if my power LED wents off?
      I mean the monitor loses the whole power.

Comment

Originally posted by AGross View Post
        can i also try this if my power LED wents off?
        I mean the monitor loses the whole power.
        Check the power supply lines to the signal card, in particular the 5 volt line. If it's stable, the problem is probably on the signal card. If it's changing, look at the power supply or the inverter.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
          Check the power supply lines to the signal card, in particular the 5 volt line. If it's stable, the problem is probably on the signal card. If it's changing, look at the power supply or the inverter.

PlainBill
          Signal card is the card where the display connectors are placed on?

I also watched for the inverter because i read that in other forum posts. My problem is that i dont know the inverter on the postet board.

Comment

Signal card is the card where the display connectors are placed on?

I also watched for the inverter because i read that in other forum posts. My problem is that i dont know the inverter on the postet board.
            Correct, the signal card is where the signal connectors are. The inverter is on the power supply, and if it is bad, it could be overloading the power supply. That would cause a drop in the 5V supply. So as a quick test, we check the 5V supply

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Correct, the signal card is where the signal connectors are. The inverter is on the power supply, and if it is bad, it could be overloading the power supply. That would cause a drop in the 5V supply. So as a quick test, we check the 5V supply

PlainBill
              Hey Bill,

i checked the supply line and its constantly 5V ... i also checked the brightness line and it is 4V ... does that mean something?

what next? could it be the signal card then? How can i fix it now?

Best Regards

Comment

Hey Bill,

i checked the supply line and its constantly 5V ... i also checked the brightness line and it is 4V ... does that mean something?

what next? could it be the signal card then? How can i fix it now?

Best Regards
                The voltage on the brightness line is unusually high, that could be the result of a problem on the signal card. The next step would be to check the output voltages of the regulators on the signal card.

PlainBill

Comment

The voltage on the brightness line is unusually high, that could be the result of a problem on the signal card. The next step would be to check the output voltages of the regulators on the signal card.

PlainBill
                  Hey Bill,

Thank you for your help. After i checked the voltages, i rebuild the monitor and tried it again. Its running since 2 hours without any failure.
                  Should I still test the voltages of the regulator? Can the unusually high voltage of brightness damage the monitor?

Best Regards
                  Andreas

Comment

Hey Bill,

Thank you for your help. After i checked the voltages, i rebuild the monitor and tried it again. Its running since 2 hours without any failure.
                    Should I still test the voltages of the regulator? Can the unusually high voltage of brightness damage the monitor?

Best Regards
                    Andreas
                    You either have a bad connection, or more likely, a bad solder joint. As for the voltage, Benq may have used a different design to generate the voltage.

PlainBill

Comment

Working...
                    X