Backlight problem on viewSonic VP171b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Backlight problem on viewSonic VP171b

I have the same problem as previous posts, one second delay and then the screen goes black. It looks like I have a shorted transistor (Q5), but I can't identify it. The transistors Q3, Q4, Q5, and Q6 are all the same. They are very small and the only markings on them is "DK" on one line and "QN" underneath it.

Can anyone identify these transistors?

Comment

Originally posted by edfromut View Post
      I have the same problem as previous posts, one second delay and then the screen goes black. It looks like I have a shorted transistor (Q5), but I can't identify it. The transistors Q3, Q4, Q5, and Q6 are all the same. They are very small and the only markings on them is "DK" on one line and "QN" underneath it.

Can anyone identify these transistors?
      They are 2SC4672, the details are here.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I replaced Q5 and Q6 and that did the trick. For $5 total it's like brad new. Thanks PlainBill !!

Comment

My monitor worked for about 2 weeks then it went blank again. Q5 and Q6 blew again. I replaced them and the monitor worked for about 10 seconds and then they blew again. Do you know what is causing these transistors to blow?

Comment

Originally posted by edfromut View Post
            Do you know what is causing these transistors to blow?
            In post #11, I'm fairly sure PlainBill is referring to the Benq boards where the C5707s short because of dodgy/poor soldering on the inverter transformers.

Maybe resolder/reflow yours and see.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

There are several causes of the transistors blowing. In addition to the transformers that retiredcaps mentioned, check the timing caps on the inverter (the large blue film cap next to each transformer). Also check for cracked solder joints on the inductor.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
              X