polaroid 42 inch tlx-04244b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

polaroid 42 inch tlx-04244b

I have polaroid 42 inch tlx-04244b that I am trying to repair. It has sound but no picture, I checked all the caps and they look good.

I fixed a vizio with a similar issue and replaced the u 33 chip.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix. Buying a new board is total last resort for me.

Thanks

Re: polaroid 42 inch tlx-04244b

Have you shined a flash light through the screen to verify you can see an image? We are also going to need to see some pictures of the boards in your tv.

Comment

Polaroid LCD tv - model TLX-04244b black screen ..I replaced the inverter boards and all the 10v 1000uf caps. is there a known fix for this set

Comment

Obviously you know what and where the Power supply is since, you already changed the caps

There are many Power Supplies for this television because, the manufacturers ship the same exact model with different configurations

Can you check on the power supply, you will see the plug, which has many red wires and black wires connecting to another plug which goes into the television. these are the 24 V DC power supply for the inverters. Make certain that each red wire has 24V DC. otherwise, you will have only 2 White cables, which will mean that the Power supply has the Inverters built in and, you will need to check on the Power supply itself.

Let me know which you have

And, please include clear and detailed pictures of the power supply and, connectors please.

I can only offer you some limited help personally but, whatever i cannot I am sure Mr Bill, Tom and, the others will surely be able to help you further.

I am only trying to help by taking a bit of the load which they deal with regarding problems which I already dealt with or have experience. When it becomes more board level intensive they will help.

Jon
        This Forum absolutely the best and, the most helpful forum I have ever found anywhere. thanks to all the fantastic members here
        Help keep these from the landfills

Comment

Working...
        X