Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3300uF low-ESR caps suitable to PSUs in D10mm - may be possible!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3300uF low-ESR caps suitable to PSUs in D10mm - may be possible!!

Behemot, can you ask your contact at UCC about these? Specifically what series are they and if they can send you a few samples for testing )You have an ESR meter, right?).
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Sorry for going off topic, but I'm recapping a PSU here, and on the 12V rail it uses BH 3300uF 16V 10x35mm caps, in their datasheet it says 2050 ripple current and 0.30Ω ESR. Thing is, should I even believe the datasheet from such a low quality manufacturer? I mean come on, the series is CD288 Just want some extra opinions though. Because I want to use these 3300uF 16V RS caps I got from Behemot

Comment

Just use the RS caps. they will do fine.
        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
          Behemot, can you ask your contact at UCC about these? Specifically what series are they and if they can send you a few samples for testing )You have an ESR meter, right?).
          I have already asked multiple times, they always told me they won't make it.
          Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
          Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Look, christmas Got free samples, they've sent it in package with 2000 pcs KZM 47 uF/35 V in D5x11 mm…
            Attached Files
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

How much do you charge for those 35V 47uF KYAs?

Digikey sells 35V 47uF Rubycon ZLJ 5x11 for 20 cents a piece in quantities of 25+.

Do you have any 16V 2200uF KYAs in 10mm? If so, what's your price?
              "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

Price according to actual exchange would be aprox. 10c (USD) a piece in quantity of 30+.

No KYA now, just Samxon RS. But I have just asked in Digi-Key if it is still possible to order those 3300uF/16V caps and if so, than I am ordering right away, let's give it a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                  Price according to actual exchange would be aprox. 10c (USD) a piece in quantity of 30+.

No KYA now, just Samxon RS. But I have just asked in Digi-Key if it is still possible to order those 3300uF/16V caps and if so, than I am ordering right away, let's give it a few days.
                  16V 3300uF in KYA would be great as well, but I was asking if you had 16V 2200uF caps in 10mm... Also, why not get Samxon GT instead of UCC KYA (I do understand that some people don't like Samxon at all)?

Comment

I said I don't have any KYA ATM, not even 2200 uF. Basically nothing else than RS 3300/16. As for GT, I did not have any confirmation fo the possibility of making it in D10 and even if I had, Samxon has higher MOQ.

Comment

I should get some closer informations about KYA or similar caps in 3300 uF/16 V D10 soon.

Comment

What do you use for 16V 2200uF in 10mm? Also, do you have a 16V 1000uF/1200uF in 10 or 8mm but no taller than 20mm? The only good 16V 1200uF cap in 10x20mm I've been able to find so far is Sanyo WX.

Comment

I don't use 2200uF at all when I have 3800 pcs of Samxon RS 3300 uF left and now also some KYA for 6,3 V.

As for 1000uF in D8x20 mm, I currently have KZM being manufactured, besides that I never even had them (1000uf), largest so far were 680uF KY which run out long time ago, since than I used 470uF caps.

In D10x20 mm I will get 800 pcs of KYA 1500 uF/16 V next friday.
                          Last edited by Behemot; 04-11-2014, 02:43 AM.

Comment

NCC can do KZN 3000 uF/16 V in D10x35 mm, I've asked for 40 mm as it is still OK in most PSU's.

I also got the D10x20 mm KYA caps.

Comment

3000 or 3300uF? Nice though, KZN has good specs

Comment

Would have to be 3300. AFAIK, there's no such thing as a 3000uF rated cap.
                                I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Noticing that you have already almost 4,000 stock of RS 16V 3300uF, what do you say we go for a 10mm 16V 4700uF cap, so you can get something you don't already have? If that's not possible, would you still be interested in a KZN group buy? Good job on getting the answer from them finally. Also, what is the official spec of a 10x35 part? I can't find 10x35 in the datasheet.

Comment

Because it is brand new part, that's why they said they only can do 3000 uF capacity. Specs are somewhere between NCC and Digi-Key ATM, waiting for it.

Comment

Looky
                                      Attached Files

Comment

WOW! Let's do a group order...

Comment

NICE! I have my wallet ready

Comment

Working...
                                          X