Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sceptre x22wg-Gamer 22" LCD

Originally posted by hms1018 View Post
    Okay, now I fixed it in June and now I have vertical colored lines running up the monitor(looks like an OLD tv) and its is flickering, what could now be the problem?
    Is anyone out there to help me out with this other problem?

Comment

Is anyone out there to help me out with this other problem?
      Without a picture it's hard to make an informed evaluation, but it certainly sounds like a bad bond between the LCD panel and the flex conductor from the panel board. IF that is the case, it's unrepairable.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
        Without a picture it's hard to make an informed evaluation, but it certainly sounds like a bad bond between the LCD panel and the flex conductor from the panel board. IF that is the case, it's unrepairable.

PlainBill
        I will set it up so you can see it in a few. Thanks for responding.

Comment

I will set it up so you can see it in a few. Thanks for responding.
          I need to use a video so that you can see what I am talking about, but having a problem converting it to something I can use on here. Any ideas would be appreciated. It's current state is AVI.

Comment

I need to use a video so that you can see what I am talking about, but having a problem converting it to something I can use on here. Any ideas would be appreciated. It's current state is AVI.
            Not many options, and video conversions are one of the many areas in which I lack skills. I'd suggest posting it on one of the sites that allow hosting videos; preferably one that doesn't inundate the unwary with dozens of pop-ups praising the erotic talents of 40 year old 'teenagers'.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Not many options, and video conversions are one of the many areas in which I lack skills. I'd suggest posting it on one of the sites that allow hosting videos; preferably one that doesn't inundate the unwary with dozens of pop-ups praising the erotic talents of 40 year old 'teenagers'.

PlainBill
              You are funny, I liked that. Well here it is but it wasn't a bad site:

http://www.zshare.net/video/951840753397964c/

Comment

You are funny, I liked that. Well here it is but it wasn't a bad site:

http://www.zshare.net/video/951840753397964c/
                Not a particularly good site. McAfee and AdBlocker Plus both issued warnings and blocked a number of popups, including one triggered by playing the video.

HOWEVER, your video showed four things: You will never be a pilot (the bars were horizontal, not vertical, your description was inadequate, my conclusion was incorrect, and you have (probably 60Hz) hum bars. This MIGHT be a grounding problem, but it is far more likely that the mains filter cap in the monitor's power supply is bad. It doesn't happen often, but it has been known to occur.

PlainBill
                Last edited by PlainBill; 10-26-2011, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Not a particularly good site. McAfee and AdBlocker Plus both issued warnings and blocked a number of popups, including one triggered by playing the video.

HOWEVER, your video showed four things: You will never be a pilot (the bars were horizontal, not vertical, your description was inadequate, my conclusion was incorrect, and you have (probably 60Hz) hum bars. This MIGHT be a grounding problem, but it is far more likely that the mains filter cap in the monitor's power supply is bad. It doesn't happen often, but it has been known to occur.

PlainBill
                  Sorry about the description (may have dyslexia of the eyes. lol). I love your sense of humor, but anyway how would I check to see if either of the above you mentioned are an issue. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Sorry about the description (may have dyslexia of the eyes. lol). I love your sense of humor, but anyway how would I check to see if either of the above you mentioned are an issue. Thanks for the correction.
                    Examination (especially around the leads) and / or replacement of the mains filter cap.

PlainBill

Comment

Examination (especially around the leads) and / or replacement of the mains filter cap.

PlainBill
                      I have finally gotten back around to working on this. Which 1 is the mains filter cap, and how do I know if it is the problem?

Comment

I have finally gotten back around to working on this. Which 1 is the mains filter cap, and how do I know if it is the problem?
                        It's the biggest on the board; often lying on its side.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I tried wiggling the LDVS cable to no avail. Is my panel just done for?
                          Attached Files
                          3 repairs under my belt, 3 repairs in progress

Comment

Working...
                          X