• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer x193w

Acer x193w

Schematics:
    http://elektrotanya.com/acer_x193w_sm.pdf/download.html

My first post for help! I have this LCD on my desk for a week now.

ISSUE: Two seconds to blackout.

What I already did:
    -Replaced all electrolytic capacitors.
    -Fixed bad solder joints.
    -Used external inverter to test CCFLs.
    -Tried a known working LCD panel w/ good CCFLs.

*I found out that the 2 CCFLs on top are busted since it did not ignite using the external inverter, the 2 bottom CCFLs were fine.
    *The LCD panel I used to test from my other 19" LCD worked perfectly.
    *I have removed the bad CCFLs on top.

It's hard to get replacement CCFLs from where I am. I've been searching online on how to bypass the backlight feedback and found this:

http://www.bestelectronicarticles.co...ht-system.html

I was wondering if I can use this method because I would like to use my LCD using the remaining good CCFLs. Brightness will not be an issue for me since I'll be using this LCD for VGA output testing purposes only. The problem is that the inverter IC used in my LCD doesn't have a "TIMER" pin-out which I can ground to bypass it.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Acer x193w

thanks for the info boss this can be a big help for us

Comment

Originally posted by xtiansy View Post
      Acer x193w

Schematics:
      http://elektrotanya.com/acer_x193w_sm.pdf/download.html

My first post for help! I have this LCD on my desk for a week now.

ISSUE: Two seconds to blackout.

What I already did:
      -Replaced all electrolytic capacitors.
      -Fixed bad solder joints.
      -Used external inverter to test CCFLs.
      -Tried a known working LCD panel w/ good CCFLs.

*I found out that the 2 CCFLs on top are busted since it did not ignite using the external inverter, the 2 bottom CCFLs were fine.
      *The LCD panel I used to test from my other 19" LCD worked perfectly.
      *I have removed the bad CCFLs on top.

It's hard to get replacement CCFLs from where I am. I've been searching online on how to bypass the backlight feedback and found this:

http://www.bestelectronicarticles.co...ht-system.html

I was wondering if I can use this method because I would like to use my LCD using the remaining good CCFLs. Brightness will not be an issue for me since I'll be using this LCD for VGA output testing purposes only. The problem is that the inverter IC used in my LCD doesn't have a "TIMER" pin-out which I can ground to bypass it.

Thanks in advance!
      Disabling the protection is a REALLY bad idea - just as bad as using a penny to bypass a blown fuse.

I have not verified this, but it has been reported that a .01uF 1KV cap across the broken CCFL leads will fool the inverter controller.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
        Disabling the protection is a REALLY bad idea - just as bad as using a penny to bypass a blown fuse.

I have not verified this, but it has been reported that a .01uF 1KV cap across the broken CCFL leads will fool the inverter controller.

PlainBill

This is the service PDF for my monitor. I also want this solution. But I don't know where to start. You mean i just put the .01uF 1KV cap in parallel with the busted ccfl? Im still a student. But Im hoping to learn all these. Because my monitor is just 2 years old. And i saved a lot to buy it. Really disappointing. additionally, i only have testers, how do i determine the busted ccfl? the upper part of the monitor overheats very fast though.

actually, this monitor was abandoned for a few months already. and then i tried to turn it on once. it goes on for 2 seconds but turns off again. i just tried to restart and restart it until it turned on for a while. lol. very inconsistent. i don't know why is this. but i want to figure things out. i hope you guys can help me.
        Last edited by Bangon Kali; 02-05-2012, 07:08 AM. Reason: added the link to the pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Bangon Kali View Post

This is the service PDF for my monitor. I also want this solution. But I don't know where to start. You mean i just put the .01uF 1KV cap in parallel with the busted ccfl? Im still a student. But Im hoping to learn all these. Because my monitor is just 2 years old. And i saved a lot to buy it. Really disappointing. additionally, i only have testers, how do i determine the busted ccfl? the upper part of the monitor overheats very fast though.

actually, this monitor was abandoned for a few months already. and then i tried to turn it on once. it goes on for 2 seconds but turns off again. i just tried to restart and restart it until it turned on for a while. lol. very inconsistent. i don't know why is this. but i want to figure things out. i hope you guys can help me.
          The first step is to take the monitor apart and check for any obvious problems. Attaching a picture of the power supply using 'Manage Attachments' - below the text entry area is necessary if we are going to provide specific advice.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
          X