How do i use the Capacitance on this meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i use the Capacitance on this meter

how do i use the Capacitance on this meter with that attachment, it hooks up to the meter and has a little ball on the end up it. how do i use that?
    Attached Files

Re: How do i use the Capacitance on this meter

The item you think is for capacitor is a K type thermocouple for measuring temperature the meter is a millimeter it can be used to give you a rough idea of a limited range of measurement you should have instructions with it so as to know how it works.

Comment

You need to introduce the capacitor pins in the two rectangular sockets, just above the 20 Amp yellow round socket and , of course, put the scale switch in F ( Farad ) ...
      Last edited by Tube_Dude; 03-17-2012, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Don't forget to discharge the capacitor first, especially if it is large value\used for high voltage.

Depending on what you use it for, I'm not sure how much good that meter's capacitance measurement feature is going to be, though. If the range selector is anything to go by, it can only measure up to 20uF.

For low value capacitors like ceramics etc that would be OK but in PSUs and Motherboards etc most capacitors are usually 470uF - 4700uF.
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

was just curious.

Comment

It's handy to have one though, without it you have no idea if a capacitor is correct or not. Same with an ESR meter.
            "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
            -David VanHorn

Comment

Working...
            X