Electronics horror stories and pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronics horror stories and pictures

I think I'm getting addicted to reddit's tech support gore section...

Anyway, wanted to show you some pictures from there but then I couldn't find a suitable thread for it... it's not quite only power supply failures I saw.

Maybe this can be sticky-fied and people can post here pictures with various hardware failures, not necessarily just bad capacitors?

(click to zoom)

And a broken hard drive video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdEOyMmXxuo

later edit...

Attached Files
    Last edited by mariushm; 11-28-2012, 06:09 PM.

Re: Electronics horror stories and pictures

Pulling the GPU off for cleaning? What an Idiot!!

I've actually used Zip ties to hold a CPU cooler on before. It works well, actually.

Also, see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ht=Dust+thread for more horror pics.
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Re: Electronics horror stories and pictures

Oh my Lord !!! You know, that old saying "a little knowledge is dangerous" is perfectly true. Looking at some of these makes you like, what the **** were you thinking !! ? You sure some of these weren't staged, like a lot of America's Funniest Videos or something ? I mean, wow ! Haha !! Is that an old AMD Thunderbird UNDER the socket ???

The mind boggles !

Comment

Working...
      X