Clear All

Re: 10 blink Panasonic TC-42px24

Here pics

Comment

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/jess...1dd7b.mp4.html

Comment

There pics and a video. Wonder if it would do any help ???

Comment

Ok, so the SS is shorted and it won't startup now or blink with the SS connected if I'm getting that correct.

I'd go back to the start where we disconnected all the ribbons at the A, all the power to the SN,SS an the C boards and make sure it starts up and the PSU comes up and all the voltages are there like before.

Just want to check nothing else has failed.

Then I'd still resistance check the SN(all power cables and the ribbon off, leave the panel ribbons alone) , do the same as the SS and measure the Vsus - gnd(SN2 pin1 - gnd), SN3 pins 3 or 5 - gnd,

P5V - gnd at any of these Sn20 pin30, TP16,TP17 to gnd or across C561 or C562

P15V SN20 pins 1 ,2 or TP6,7,82 to gnd

Check Q441 and Q451 and see if they have shorted. Q441 on mine failed at some stage.

hopefully it's comes up normal.
          Last edited by tw2005; 08-02-2013, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Comment

Getting no 5volts at pin1 or pin2 on sn20 connector or 15volts at pin 30 on sn20

Comment

Originally posted by jesselyons2002 View Post
                Getting no 5volts at pin1 or pin2 on sn20 connector or 15volts at pin 30 on sn20
                No, I just want the resistance at those points, thanks.

Comment

Vsus 7 Mohms, seems high, if interested switch the probes around, don't worry about any more photos although nice to see, too much work.

SN3 is interesting. both of those pin that give a reading( no short ) are actually the same connection in cct. But that does happen.

I've seen that on the vsus lines on my boards, get 100's Kohms, then Mohms the second time.

Anyway looks ok, no shorts, just need the 5V and 15V and check those 2 transistors for short but I think they'll be ok.

Then I'd say you just need a SS board or if you want to take a chance, replace the 4 IGBTs.

That's all i found wrong with mine, but a board is not too expensive, check the Revision, there are also 2 or 3 compatible versions, AC,AF, and AH.
                  Last edited by tw2005; 08-02-2013, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                    No, I just want the resistance at those points, thanks.
                    Whoops

Comment

pin 30 4.4k ohm
                      pin 1 and 2 2.8k ohms

Comment

Looks ok although i was expecting 5.6k at pin 30. If you switch the leads around is it stil 4.4Kohms?

Comment

Looks ok although i was expecting 5.6k at pin 30. If you switch the leads around is it stil 4.4Kohms?
                          2.2 k ohm if I switch the leads.

Comment

What's the panel number on the white label, Number: MC106H30U13?

Looks like you have 5072AC?

Comment

Originally posted by jesselyons2002 View Post
                              2.2 k ohm if I switch the leads.
                              That's pin 30 not pins 1,2 yes? I was not expecting lower.

Unfortunately I'm about 4000k from home so I can't just dive into my TV and compare. It's not short so i'll assume ok. Worse case you replace the SS and find out the hard way you need a SN too but definitely a SS is needed.

Comment

Comment

Ah, ok you still have the ribbon connected so we're measuring across the A board and the SN at the same time which is possibly why that resistance may not be a high as I hoped.

It was the SS board part number I was checking, sorry I tend to jump around a bit and forget most of us can't read minds.

Comment

Comment

Ah, I feel better now, 5.6Kohms.

Any chance you checked out Q441,451? They should be ok. just trying to cover all the scenarios i had with my set.

We could go on and on and also check out the SN buffer ICs for shorts but we know the main failure is the SS.

There's a few from $18 -30.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SANYO-DP4274...item2c714c1433

It has a different style connector for the panel ribbons, a lever type but Shopjimmy reckons it still subs for an AC but I can't vouch for it so your call.

I have dealt with Payless, no problems, in fact a complete cable set from your model TV has just arrived back home so I can continue my fault finding for the TH-P42X20A with the same panel.

If you go through all his 5072, he has them listed at 2 different prices, that's the cheap one.

Do your own research though but AC,AF,AH from what i can work out on the SJ web, panel MC106H30U13

You could always try and get SJ to price beat although they usually only do that on same item and same WTY but he seems to have hundreds of these so who knows you might get a deal.

But Payless have been very good for me recently.

Time for me to watch England smash Australia again in the cricket(hopefully not)
                                      Last edited by tw2005; 08-02-2013, 06:10 AM.

Comment

ok thanks for alot of help

Comment

Ah, I feel better now, 5.6Kohms.

Any chance you checked out Q441,451? They should be ok. just trying to cover all the scenarios i had with my set.

We could go on and on and also check out the SN buffer ICs for shorts but we know the main failure is the SS.

There's a few from $18 -30.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SANYO-DP4274...item2c714c1433

It has a different style connector for the panel ribbons, a lever type but Shopjimmy reckons it still subs for an AC but I can't vouch for it so your call.

I have dealt with Payless, no problems, in fact a complete cable set from your model TV has just arrived back home so I can continue my fault finding for the TH-P42X20A with the same panel.

If you go through all his 5072, he has them listed at 2 different prices, that's the cheap one.

Do your own research though but AC,AF,AH from what i can work out on the SJ web, panel MC106H30U13

You could always try and get SJ to price beat although they usually only do that on same item and same WTY but he seems to have hundreds of these so who knows you might get a deal.

But Payless have been very good for me recently.

Time for me to watch England smash Australia again in the cricket(hopefully not)
                                          Ok going to be getting a new SS board. Hope that fixs it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X