Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

samsung 245bw blank screen, pop then no power.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samsung 245bw blank screen, pop then no power.

I purchased a hakko 888 today with some tips. Hopefully that will help when I get to the point of removing components to test.

I'm going to pick up some alcohol today to assist in removing the glue. I need Denatured, not Isopropyl correct?

I looked at the BN44-00173A and the price is cheap enough for me. My concern is ordering from China. I'm sure it means I have no recourse if it is defective in some way. The listing does say they are new. Is the 173A a better choice over the 195A?

Thanks

Comment

'173A' is usually easier to fix, '195A' might easily require dealing with some SMD components. If compared, the heatsinks are also bigger on '173A'. The specs on board tell that 5.3v line can provide 0.5A more current.

The board in the picture in eBay has original '3 resistors' and caps. I would change them before installing that board. Caps (minimum replacement) are 470uF/35v, 2200uF/10v, 2x1000uF/10v and resistors 3pcs 68ohm 1W. I have replaced the caps with 470uF/35v and 3x3300uF/6.3v good quality motherboard caps and resistors 3pcs 68ohm 2W. Of course usually replacing with lower voltage caps is not wise, but in this case voltage is 5.3V so 6.3v caps are okay.
      Last edited by euromatlox; 03-29-2013, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Just to update. After far to many hours I was able to remove the glue. some of the edges were brown and I understand that means it was becoming conductive. I'm sure some components were ruined in the removal process. I am now making a parts list of what I need to buy and replace to start. The red resisters and of course the blown blue one. Maybe one or 3 diodes just to be safe. I guess I should order some MOSFETs too as a couple are near the blown resister. the only damage I can see top or bottom is that one blue resister that was blackened.

Is there any particular brand I should be using or style? I was just going to read the color codes and get whatever ohm resistance it is. Same with any diodes or MOSFETs. The caps all look good. Should I replace all of them as well?

Thanks

Comment

The three electrolyte caps at 5.3v side (near 8008hfe regulator and a big coil) should be 'always' replaced. Very common parts to fail. You may use slightly bigger caps, see my earlier post.

Comment

Working...
          X