X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: esr or cap tester

PIC18 project:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=776Bg0dsYQU&feature=plcp

Free scheme in Hungarian sites, asembled device on Ebay.

Comment

For RusMike

Mike, can you send me a PM or email and give me details on how to order a V4.0S to Philippines?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RusMike View Post
        yes we have both version (3.1 and 4.0S) in stock now.
        The only difference for 4.0S is another LCD we used (segments vs graphic in 4.0)
        But power consumption became less.
        RusMike,

Please PM me info to order the ESR Micro 4.0S (USA). I am interested in ordering it immediately. I need it as soon as possible.

Rick

Comment

Give him a private message, that way he also gets an email. He probably isn't actively monitoring the threads.

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
            Give him a private message, that way he also gets an email. He probably isn't actively monitoring the threads.

I will do that. Thank you.

Rick

Comment

RusMike: Payment has been sent.

Comment

Just ordered me one ESR Micro v4.0 too. Finally my own ESR/capacity meter
                Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Hi All
                  Just wondering if anyone had recently purchased the ESR Micro 4.0s from rusmike.
                  Website says they are out of stock, but I have not had a reply from the website.
                  Thanks

Comment

Yeah, what bout looking at the previous post?

I asked the same, he said he doesn't really keep the english version up to date…but that he has stock all the time. Sometimes it takes him couple of days to repply, that's all
                    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Behemot
                      I did look at the post. However it has been nearly a week and I have not heard anything to I thought I would post on here, just to confirm that the man is still in business and selling the ESR meter. I will give it another week.
                      Thank you for your reply.

Comment

I got my tester on the way, but it's interesting for anybody, it's gonna be worth posting when I'll get it in my hands and try some first measurements

Comment

sorry guys I am not such often here as more than enough other work here in our cold Russia
                          yes we have 4.0S version in stock. Just long time didn't update English webpage. Better way is to use our forum at here:
                          http://www.radiodevices.ru/forum/index.php
                          or email me directly. Although I can response with small delay...

Comment

Do you have an estimate of how precise the Micro 4.0 is other than for low capacitance caps? I am particularly interested in the more problematic ones, high capacity in low voltage (6,3-16 V) and also high voltage (200-450) cause it seems here the Micro can be most off as it applies very small voltage compared to 450 V.

Besides that, I've wrote you an e-mail regarding some business proposition, ask for details if you'll be interested. Not that it will make us rich, but could be some coins for you and some fun for me

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                              Do you have an estimate of how precise the Micro 4.0 is other than for low capacitance caps? I am particularly interested in the more problematic ones, high capacity in low voltage (6,3-16 V) and also high voltage (200-450) cause it seems here the Micro can be most off as it applies very small voltage compared to 450 V.
                              hmm, about low capacitance caps i think you can decide "dead-alive" with capacitance value readings, NOT ESR (i mean 47nf, 68nF etc. <10uf) as their ESR maybe 30-40-50ohms and it is normal for "Bob Parker's method"
                              but if you see 0.01uF instead of say 0.07uF this mean your cap is dead!
                              And caps with high nominal voltage are about the same as common low voltage.
                              Difference in their ESR is small in compairing with low voltage ones, no need to charge them with high voltage to check if they good (IMHO)
                              ...it will make us rich, but could be some coins for you and some fun for me
                              hehe, some extra coins are always not bad
                              replied to mailbox..

Comment

I mean like, tolerance is usually +-20 %. I take caps with -40 % (not always, but usually). But if the Micro is gonna read 100 uF on brand new 330 uF/450 V, than it is useless, you feel me?

But the main reason why I am asking is, I'd like to write something small about the tester on the website I am making PSU reviews for. I also intend to take random readings on caps in those PSUs. So it would be good to know some accuracy numbers, you feel me? There are such for every multimeter you buy in shop, so something similar

Comment

Man I am beginning to worry. My post says it does not provide tracking for this number, russian post says only it has been sent on february 5th (if I translate it right) what is 17 days now…

Comment

When some one says.... Man I am beginning to worry...
                                    The first think that comes in my mind is to tease him hard. LOL

One small package from Bulgaria to Greece it took two weeks !! = EU Zone.
                                    My estimate is that just for customs clearance it will stack in your borders for a week the least.
                                    If there is any charges = make it two weeks.

My advice: give it time one more week at list, then start to worry. :-)

Comment

Man I am beginning to worry. My post says it does not provide tracking for this number, russian post says only it has been sent on february 5th (if I translate it right) what is 17 days now…
                                      Relax, it'll get there!

My shipment of my Fluke bench multimeter says it's been parked in Kentucky for 3 days. I suspect that the shipping company just hasn't done any updates.

Sometimes I'll have a box on my desk and the tracking says it hasn't left the U.S. yet.
                                      36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
                                        When some one says.... Man I am beginning to worry...
                                        The first think that comes in my mind is to tease him hard. LOL

One small package from Bulgaria to Greece it took two weeks !! = EU Zone.
                                        My estimate is that just for customs clearance it will stack in your borders for a week the least.
                                        If there is any charges = make it two weeks.

My advice: give it time one more week at list, then start to worry. :-)
                                        They just roentgen it on customs, it does not take much time. And if they hold it, they send me letter immediatelly to go there. The office is 4 bus stops from me so the letter is here the other day. No delay here at all.

It is almost 3 weeks actually, what is really a bit too many for me…if the tracking at least told mr something more than just it had been sent…

Comment

It's gonna be a month this sunday. I have asked at my post office yesterday and according to them it is not yet even in the country.

Can I begin to worry now?

Comment

Working...
                                          X