X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power supply build quality pictorial. part 2

Well I was able to get the main transformer out, and under it it says:
    KY-2102 REV: 1.7-1 20Z
    and has a goofy looking symbol that looks kind of like a sideways S in a circle with 2 slashes through it

Comment

Here is another one of mine, NMB 460W model GM460WTXW01SSV need re-wired to ATX.
      Caps on secondary side are nichicon LXZ
      Attached Files
      | AMD Phenom II X2 550BE | GIGABYTE GA-MA790FXT-UD5P | GeIL DDR3 Ultra 2x2GB 1600C7 |
      | XFX GTS250 DDR3 512MB | Dell H525EF-00 | Lancool PC-K62 Black | Samsung 2232GW |
      | 2xWD7500AYYS | 2xHD322GJ Raid0 |

Comment

Well, I'm going to stray from my norm of only posting junk...I just today got 2 of these: Compaq Model DPS-450-CB-1 A, although according to this thread the real maker is delta. And I believe it! This thing is built like a tank! And it was only 10 bucks on ebay Caps are all NCC with a few Rubycon thrown in, and three lonely TAICONs...Why TAICONs in such an overbuilt high quality piece of equipment? you might ask...well, I asked too, and I haven't gotten an answer yet.

Anyway, on to the pictures!

Here is the label - for once it's not a big fat lie!

Here's the view in from the grill. I've never seen one this stuffed!

After quite a bit of fiddling, I was able to get it apart. Here's an overall shot of the inside. Under the black sheet is a gigantic heatsink....I believe it's for the APFC circuitry. The primary filter cap is a huge NCC 470uF @ 450V monster.

Here's the input filter. It's fused on both the hot and neutral lines. It has one huge joint coil, and two seperate coils, two HUGE Okaya X caps (1.0 and 2.2uF), and 2 Y caps. I believe there's more filtering by the power outlet, because it sticks out pretty far into the unit. The green thing in the heatshrink is either the Current Inrush Limiter, or a MOV. It's labelled Z1 (Z2 is missing), and I haven't taken the board out to see what it actually connects to. The big white blocks in the back are power resistors, and I have no idea what the ones on the TO-220 diodes are.

Here's the secondary side filtering....I have more detailed pictures of each rail, but the 5v and 3.3v have NCC LXJ and the 12v has Rubycon YXF.

Here's the 12v rectification. It's difficult to read the markings on the diodes, but I believe there are 2x20A and 3x40A, for a total of 160A filtering capacitor, and the rail is rated for 25A! Caps are 4x Rubycon YXF 2200uF @ 16v.

And here we have the 5v rectifiers. I know these three are for the 5v, and there are others that may or may not be, I can't tell without taking the board out. They are rated for 30A each, so that's a total of 120A on the 5v line (but maybe more), and the rail is rated at 34A. Overkill much? Jeez! Caps are 4x NCC LXJ 3300uF @ 10v.

This is the 3.3v rectification stage. If I'm correct, there are SEVEN 40A schottkys on this rail, for a total of 280A! For a 40! rail! The little guy in there is the 7912 reg for the -12v. Caps are 4x NCC 4700uF @ 6.3v. And I thought the other rails were obnoxiously overbuilt

Don't have a picture, but the primary switchers (at least the one I can see) are IRFP460LC's, MOSFETs rated at 500v 20A continuous/80A pulsed. The main transformer is I believe size 42. Some of the jumpers in this thing aren't wire, they're more like a metal plate. I must say, I'm quite impressed with my first Delta PSU
        Attached Files

Comment

Follow the traces from the rectifiers to see what caps and what wires they end up to. That will give you an idea of what they are for.

Comment

Originally posted by POM_MJ
            Here is another one of mine, NMB 460W model GM460WTXW01SSV need re-wired to ATX.
            That is one sexy power supply.

Comment

Well I was able to get out the primary side board. The green thing is a MOV. The current inrush limiter is buried way way back in there (I was able to get that heatsink off too). I also found the temp sensor - it's on the PFC heatsink. I cleaned off both heatsink faces real nice and I'm going to artic silver them back together

Comment

remind me to post my compaq branded delta sometime. it is also built like a tank... stuffed with parts.

dps= delta, hp=hipro
                sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Don't forget NPS - newton, or basically delta but always with rubycon and UCC caps.

Comment

ive never seen a newton one before. they ARE nice. most oem units i see are delta, hipro, or bestec
                    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747
                      ive never seen a newton one before. they ARE nice. most oem units i see are delta, hipro, or bestec
                      They're simply delta's, as newton is owned by delta, but they always use premium caps.

Comment

Sorry, wrong Caps name. they're chemicon LXZ
                        | AMD Phenom II X2 550BE | GIGABYTE GA-MA790FXT-UD5P | GeIL DDR3 Ultra 2x2GB 1600C7 |
                        | XFX GTS250 DDR3 512MB | Dell H525EF-00 | Lancool PC-K62 Black | Samsung 2232GW |

Comment

Originally posted by 370forlife
                          Don't forget NPS - newton, or basically delta but always with rubycon and UCC caps.
                          Not always. The one in my Dell Dimension has Ltec on the secondary. Primaries are Nichicon, though. 5vsb might have been Rubycon, but I don't remember too well.

By the way, that NMB and Delta above are awesome. Secondary sides on both have so much silicon that I wouldn't be surprised if they are able to jump start a car or qualify for a welder .

Comment

Originally posted by momaka
                            Not always. The one in my Dell Dimension has Ltec on the secondary. Primaries are Nichicon, though. 5vsb might have been Rubycon, but I don't remember too well.

By the way, that NMB and Delta above are awesome. Secondary sides on both have so much silicon that I wouldn't be surprised if they are able to jump start a car or qualify for a welder .
                            Kind of ironic, I was looking on leadman's website, and they actually build car battery chargers

That NMB is strange, no transformer. I'm not sure, but I think it has 4 small transformers, 1 for each rail (with one being both -12v and -5v or something like that,)

Comment

Originally posted by 370forlife
                              Kind of ironic, I was looking on leadman's website, and they actually build car battery chargers

That NMB is strange, no transformer. I'm not sure, but I think it has 4 small transformers, 1 for each rail (with one being both -12v and -5v or something like that,)
                              The big one transformer is lower left corner of this picture, primary side connect to 5 pins connecter. its very strange transformer.

Last edited by POM_MJ; 10-02-2009, 06:16 AM.

Comment

ENlight VP-300

I think it's same design with DTK PTP-3007 from this post
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=178
                                only one thing diiferent is it has 2 fans.

Caps on secondary side are very leak cause damage to 5Vsb circuit C5027, FOD817C opto, C945.

I replace them with SAMXON GF-series and SANYO WX-series.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by POM_MJ; 10-02-2009, 06:53 AM.

Comment

The big one transformer is lower left corner of this picture, primary side connect to 5 pins connecter. its very strange transformer.
                                  goofy design, but has independently regulated 12v rails.
                                  Last edited by 370forlife; 10-02-2009, 01:19 PM.

Comment

JJ-460PPSA: a friend gave me this PSU because he had problem on the PC and he suspects the PSU is the culprit.

It has 2 fan, a separate over current limitation board dedicated to 12V and 5V.
                                    It looks good, has long cables and passive PFC.
                                    The caps are CapXon, they are not bulging or leaking.

Ciao
                                    Gianni
                                    Attached Files
                                    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
                                    H. J. Brown

Comment

Topower

Comment

Super Flower SF-400P12 400W

Here are caps on primary side, Fuhjyyu.

Soldering look not so good.

used SBL2040CT for 3.3V, SBL3040PT for 5.0V and F16C20C for 12.0V.

Caps on secondary side has printed PCE-TUR and VENT on them.

Attached Files

Comment

Wow, same capacity that my yuelin ylp-013 had on the secondary side. 12v is rated at 20A, with a 16A diode.

Superflower is better than that now though.

Comment

Working...
                                          X