At,ata, Pata,sata ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: At,ata, Pata,sata ????

by cheap i mean 2-8 bucks at goodwill cheap.

software means nothing to me. i use ubuntu, software included. besides, there is an open source burner called Infra recorder that isnt as flashy as nero, but has the features without the bloat. i recommend you try it.
    Last edited by ratdude747; 07-29-2009, 11:17 AM.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Not worth my time & money. Chancing on a good, used unit that works is rare and usually I find them abused and incredibly DIRTY. Plus, no parts available to repair these. Basically disposeable. Even CD-R and DVD R discs are not 100% secure for long term storage. They get bit-rot eventually.

I simply visit the computer store and buy one and use it with no worries. If something fails, I move to another PC or flash memory sticks to keep going.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

People seem to think burners should last as long as their old CD drives from 10 years ago did and that's not the case.
        Optical drives that get used as burners don't last any where near as long as drives that are only used as readers.
        The laser diodes have a definite life span and they wear out.
        Burning discs gets them hot and each burn shortens the life. [Adds wear.]
        Burning one disc after another without a cool down in between is even worse.
        -
        Burners drives should be considered a consumable and you should expect to need to replace them every so often.
        [Just sayin'.]
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X