ExpressCard/Mini PCI Express wireless modules in broadband modems/routers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ExpressCard/Mini PCI Express wireless modules in broadband modems/routers

In two wireless broadband modems I have bought from a local junk shop had removable wireless modules; one had a Mini-PCI module, the other had a CardBus module (the wireless modules were quite valuable to me).
    With the right drivers, the modules should work outside the modem (e.g. inside a PC).

I am wondering if there are any broadband modems/routers with an ExpressCard or Mini PCI Express wireless module.
    Any internal photos of the modems/routers would be appreciated.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: ExpressCard/Mini PCI Express wireless modules in broadband modems/routers

You should be able to use them in a laptop providing you can find the appropriate drivers for those cards.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Very interesting question
      I looked here but could not find one, this list is not as updated as the other one here tho, but that one I don't think you can get all products in a table at once?

http://oldwiki.openwrt.org/CompleteTableOfHardware.html
      http://oldwiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs(2f)Hardware.html
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Ususally these removeable modules in those little boxes had it's ID neutered so to "prevent" people taking advantage of bit cheaper (bogus!!) route of getting one for mobile stuff.

I have D-Link 614+ wireless & wired router with such cardbus module in it and could not find any much info about it.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard
          Ususally these removeable modules in those little boxes had it's ID neutered so to "prevent" people taking advantage of bit cheaper (bogus!!) route of getting one for mobile stuff.

I have D-Link 614+ wireless & wired router with such cardbus module in it and could not find any much info about it.
          I have yet to see a module with a neutered ID.
          My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
          X