Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: esr or cap tester

Originally posted by Bob Parker
    I agree that it's much too difficult to buy one of the Russian meters if you're in the USA. Hopefully that will change in the future. If anyone knows someone in business who'd be interested in distributing them there, please let me know and I'll get the info to the right person.

Bob

Preher-tech will be offering the ESR-micro on our website soon, I am in the process of talking it over with Mike. After doing a review on the device for Mike, and realizing the long shipping time from Russia to the states, I wanted to start selling the ESR-micro on our website for customers here in the USA.
    PREHER TV
    Medford,OR 97501
    (541)772-0326
    preher-tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by Preher TV
      Preher-tech will be offering the ESR-micro on our website soon, I am in the process of talking it over with Mike. After doing a review on the device for Mike, and realizing the long shipping time from Russia to the states, I wanted to start selling the ESR-micro on our website for customers here in the USA.
      Goody!! I hope you let us know when they are available.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

That is excellent!

See also here:
        <http://www.electro-tech-online.com/repairing-consumer-electronics/94744-esr-meter-repair-3.html#post776937>

Comment

Hi Bob, Hi John Hi everyones!
          Greetings from Russia!

Comment

Originally posted by RusMike
            Hi Bob, Hi John Hi everyones!
            Greetings from Russia!

Hello Mike, hope you are having a great day ...
            PREHER TV
            Medford,OR 97501
            (541)772-0326
            preher-tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by Preher TV
              ...having a great day ...
              Hmmm Im having great night now

Comment

Howdy and Welcome!

Comment

i'm talking to mike via email, and if everything with customs goes well (there should be no custom charge for stuff less than 60$ in value...if there is, i have nothing against paying up to 80$ for fb tester and esr meter..it's still cheap if you ask me....) i'll go for it.

payment can be made via paypal, he tells me.

snail mail is slow, sure, but even if it takes 10-15 days, it's not a problem.

as for importers, mike offers some discounts(reading the web page) if you order more than 10pcs, so importing anywhere shouldn't be problem(but i surely won't be doing it because there's no market here for such device).
                  the selling price can probably be less than anatek blue, and still be profitable(even with further customs expenses).
                  in usa one can probably pull it off...in smaller countries probably not.

Comment

Hi Mike. Good to see you here and even better to see that you're getting repressented in the USA.

I hope they give you the 'ESR Meter Guru" title too.

Cheers
                    Bob
                    It is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly...

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Parker
                      I hope they give you....
                      No No No, Bob! Let this honest title be only yours, as I just took YOUR method ( very nice and simple! ) and added capacitance measurements

Hey guys, I see no more Russians here except me.....

Comment

I got an ESR-micro v3.1 on order with Mike as we speak.

Comment

Hey guys, I see no more Russians here except me.....
                          You may be the second - there was apple_rom in June 2007
                          better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

A realy nice instrument this esr 3.1, i recived him in 4 working days via ems. Fast shipping , .

Comment

And Mike is realy kind and ready to answer to all question

Comment

Originally posted by cloepula
                                in 4 working days via ems. Fast shipping , .
                                Hehe, you did not say about extra $50 for that fast shipping
                                But their price a bit lower than DHL's one...

Comment

I ordered one from Mike on "normal" shipping. Looking forward to receive it in 2-3 weeks.....

Comment

Originally posted by lucky13
                                    I ordered one from Mike on "normal" shipping. Looking forward to receive it in 2-3 weeks.....
                                    Your package was sent today AVIA ( by plane)
                                    I hope it will be faster. My timer is started... Let me know when you got it.

Comment

got this
                                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...0815#post80815
                                      from mike and it took usual mail about 20 days.
                                      paid no customs.

also very nice service from mike via email contacts.

this(fbtest and esr micro) is much cheaper and better than simillar devices one can get from usa or elsewhere, it's my opinion.
                                      mike puts atmel mcu and most of the work is done by software, which means less things can go wrong in the instrument itself.
                                      also less chance some parts of the kit are missing...hehe...as it's not kit at all, but still it succeeds in being cheaper than a anatek blue kit. and measures capacitance too.

i only wish i knew about it sooner.

mike just tells me atlas released new version, and he aims to follow the suit, so to say.
                                      but when one sees price of atlas vs. price of esr micro, it's obvious who'll get my money..hehe...
                                      infact these things are so cheap one is tempted to give mike twice the amount, it's still mighty cheap! hehe...
                                      (but it seems with mike it's more about love to electronics than towards money, and that's excellent too.)

well done mike.
                                      you've definitely earned my trust.
                                      i'm glad we'll do some more trading in the future.
                                      <wink>

Comment

Sorry Mike,

I forgot to come back here and report.

I received it over a week ago and just have not the time to play with it until today. So shipping from Russia to Canada only took about 1 week.

Popped in the batteries (included) and it works great!

I checked a few of the bulged caps I have lying around (Crapxon & the famous F). Some of the values showing were simply shocking.

Thanks for the great service Mike!

I will post & upload the pictures later.

Comment

When I was at my local post office recently, I noticed a warning sign saying that lithium batteries and anything containing lithium batteries is now not allowed to be sent by air mail. Not even watches!

If this rule applies here in Australia, it might apply internationally too. Just something to keep in mind.
                                          It is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly...

Comment

Working...
                                          X