Sony CECH-ZED1U Playstation 3D LED TV - Two Red Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony CECH-ZED1U Playstation 3D LED TV - Two Red Flash

ok it looks like the software is different for each programer, is there a way to select the chip in the tiny software rather then have it detect it?
    Maybe that programer/software does'nt support the MX25L6406EM2I ic.

its not listed in there supported ic list
    MXIC:
    MX25L512,MX25L1005,MX25L2005,MX25L4005,MX25L8005,MX25L1605,MX25L3205,MX25L6405
    Last edited by R_J; 11-06-2014, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Hi all,

i found why software doesn't detects chips: the contacts between chip and the adapter are bad, i have to push on the chip while programming it.So detection ok and programming ok.
      My screen works and i have put a soic8 socket 200mil on motherboard for easy replacing chip,and have 5 chip ready for next "red light blink bug".

Thank you to this forum and everybody for this thread.

Comment

Hello, this is my first post here and I have a few questions.

1. How compatible are SOIC8 and SOP8? Because the guy above me here appears to put a SOIC8 socket on his motherboard for a... SOP8 chip? Does this mean they are the same standard?

2. If so, where would I find such a socket for my motherboard? Every time I look for a socket for this thing I end up seeing a bunch of programmer modules that convert SOP8 to DIP8 and whatnot. I don't want that. Am I not looking in the right places?

Comment

Hi Fellas,

Any idea where I would rewire pin 6 (SCLK) if I picked up the trace :/ ?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Zerounderone View Post
            Hi Fellas,

Any idea where I would rewire pin 6 (SCLK) if I picked up the trace :/ ?

Cheers
            Couldn't edit so I figured I'd quote.

I ended up soldering pin 6 to the pin 6 trace of the nearby U0401 area. Powers on, shows picture and saves settings!

Thank you guys!

Comment

I have a few problems with the monitor I just bought. the screen looks like it's in 3d all the time with a double image but the glasses don't fix the image it's like the screen resolution on a pc when it's not at correct setting. I also noticed that the 3d button doesn't fix it. I have it set on auto 3d detection. finally there is a vertical green line at the very right of the screen that does not go away. any ideas?

Comment

hello fellas, I'm new here. I've joined the forum to try and find a fix for this display. I'm having the same problem you guys are having. I called SONY and they said they would charge me $70 to fix it. After reading through everything and watching a video on youtube, I decided to give it a go myself without sending it to them. I'm a total noob at soldering and fixing boards so I left it to my uncle who has somewhat experience on boards. I went ahead and bought the pre-programmed eeprom from shop jimmy and gave my uncle the instructions on how to do it. Problem we're having is that I believe he lifted the traces and removed the pads when he took off the old eeprom. Is there a chance I could still recover this project or should I call it quits? I don't see any main board on sale anywhere, just the power boards on ebay. Could I just solder the old eeprom back in and send it to SONY? I read somewhere that they just switch the whole board out when you send it in for repair. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dominikin View Post
                  hello fellas, I'm new here. I've joined the forum to try and find a fix for this display. I'm having the same problem you guys are having. I called SONY and they said they would charge me $70 to fix it. After reading through everything and watching a video on youtube, I decided to give it a go myself without sending it to them. I'm a total noob at soldering and fixing boards so I left it to my uncle who has somewhat experience on boards. I went ahead and bought the pre-programmed eeprom from shop jimmy and gave my uncle the instructions on how to do it. Problem we're having is that I believe he lifted the traces and removed the pads when he took off the old eeprom. Is there a chance I could still recover this project or should I call it quits? I don't see any main board on sale anywhere, just the power boards on ebay. Could I just solder the old eeprom back in and send it to SONY? I read somewhere that they just switch the whole board out when you send it in for repair. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
                  Hi Dominikin, follow the paths to some other component in the path and sold a thin cable to it, sold the other end to the eeprom leg. Do it for each leg. Regards

Comment

Originally posted by as1 View Post
                    Hi Dominikin, follow the paths to some other component in the path and sold a thin cable to it, sold the other end to the eeprom leg. Do it for each leg. Regards
                    hola, estaba siguiendo tu video en youtube. Desafortunadamente, se levantaron los pads cuando removimos el eeprom chip. Soy un novato en esto, podrias subir una foto señalando el componente de cual hablas? Me harias un gran favor. gracias

Comment

hola, estaba siguiendo tu video en youtube. Desafortunadamente, se levantaron los pads cuando removimos el eeprom chip. Soy un novato en esto, podrias subir una foto señalando el componente de cual hablas? Me harias un gran favor. gracias
                      Hola Dominikin, por favor subĂ­ una foto en alta calidad de como quedo asĂ­ trato de indicarte como soldarlo. Saludos

Comment

http://postimg.org/image/ffp3t1ydl

@as1, es la mejor foto que pude tomar.

Comment

http://postimg.org/image/fy2ftoa75/

Comment

Hi,

Have repair my TV by replacing the eeprom few months back. but this week the TV seen to have the same problem again, but this time even i replace another eeprom still showing 2 blink of red light. Anyone here have the same problem?

Regards,

Comment

Hola, acá te deja la imagen con las indicaciones, fijate que hay una pata que no se conecta. Lo que te recomiendo es que uses alguna plaquita como la de los adaptadores de SOP8 a DIP para hacer las conexiones. Saludos
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by as1; 01-16-2015, 08:36 PM.

Comment

muchas gracias @as1. Lo intentare. Cual es el proposito del adaptador? Tengo que soldar el eeprom a el adaptador y adaptar las patitas del adaptador a donde me indicas?

Comment

muchas gracias @as1. Lo intentare. Cual es el proposito del adaptador? Tengo que soldar el eeprom a el adaptador y adaptar las patitas del adaptador a donde me indicas?
                                  Hola, claro, soldas la eeprom en el adaptador, y luego usas cables bien finos para unir los puntos que te indique en la imagen mas fácilmente. Avisame por favor después como te fue. Saludos

Comment

This post now has 16 pages, so for the sake of our laziness, could someone please write a wrap-up repair guide step up here? In English of course. I would smuggle & send pretty woman to a guy who will do this.

Comment

Alright, I'm having a real fuckin hard time finding a MX25L6408E SOP8. There are a bunch of fake sellers on ebay right now selling the SOP16 chips as SOP8, and the one chinese source wants $100 for shipping. Can I use the MX25L6406E?

Comment

use a MX25L6406E which is an 8 pin ic, the mx25l6408e is a 16 pin ic, order it from Digikey

Comment

Originally posted by Lobotomy View Post
                                          Alright, I'm having a real fuckin hard time finding a MX25L6408E SOP8. There are a bunch of fake sellers on ebay right now selling the SOP16 chips as SOP8, and the one chinese source wants $100 for shipping. Can I use the MX25L6406E?
                                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-MXIC-M...52459571&rt=nc

Comment

Working...
                                          X