Need Help Identifying a blown Part SVA VR17S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Identifying a blown Part SVA VR17S

I am working on an SVA VR17s monitor. Upon testing the monitor I found that the screen displayed a white screen with no video regardless of input.

Monitor uses an external 12v 4a power supply which tests good.

Upon opening the monitor I found a blown component near the power connector.

Part is approximately 1/8" by 1/4" with 1 lead on one side and three on the other.

Part numbers I can read are

First Row 23 HM
    Second 772

Not sure what if anything is missing in the part # Center of the chip is burnt.

Need help identifying a replacement.

Picture is attached
    Attached Files

Re: Need Help Identifying a blown Part SVA VR17S

Hi not a clue, however if its the one I think you mean can you remove it
    as underneath I think it has the symbol for a Diode?. That may help. Also the silkscreen may say D6 or D8 next to it?
    Does the board have any part numbers on it? If you or we can find a schematic or a data sheet for the board it may indicate the value of the item.
    I have also seen elsewhere that sometimes the "burn" can be rubbed off with isopropyl alcohol and may reveal more digits.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I think that ZappedAgain is talking about U41. If U41 is connected to the 8-pin chip to the left of it, then looking up the datasheet for the 8-pin chip may yield an applications schematic, which might shed some light on the mystery part.

Comment

I have searched all over the net for a schematic but let just say SVA is not a real popular brand and I haven't been able to find it.

I do however think I may have identified the part. Did several searches on the internet and this looks like it.

Next problem is trying to find one. I have searched digikey and ebay and google and can't seem to find one. Where else would you suggest.

Thanks

Ken

Comment

It appear that Fairchild makes the equiv. KSB772. It's a different case style, but looks to be electrically the same. Mouser has them.

Comment

Just a thought before you replace it
            If that has blown does it mean that the cap at C208 is not working?
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by ZappedAgain View Post
              I have searched all over the net for a schematic but let just say SVA is not a real popular brand and I haven't been able to find it.

I do however think I may have identified the part. Did several searches on the internet and this looks like it.

Next problem is trying to find one. I have searched digikey and ebay and google and can't seem to find one. Where else would you suggest.

Thanks

Ken
              You don't need the exact part. It is very likely you have identified the part used - a 40V, 3A PNP transistor in a SOT-89 package. There should be a number of them available from various manufacturers.

Before buying a new transistor, follow jetadm123's advice. What is the IC next to U41? This appears to be a bucking regulator, and it should be possible to get a better ID on the part.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

The PCB itself may be used in a lot of different brands.
                You might learn something useful by searching for the PCB part number instead of the screen model number.
                Mann-Made Global Warming.
                - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                -
                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                -

Comment

After a little research, it appears NPX PBSS5330X,115, available from Digi-Key as their stock number 568-7318-1-ND could be a suitable replacement at $.53 each. The NPX PBSS4032PX,115 and the Zetex ZXTP2008ZTA are also candidates.

PlainBill
                  For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Wow, once again i am amazed at the response I get on this forum. Thank You

Jetadm123 - The IC next to U41 is part # SS88066 and is labeled U3

Plainbill - Thanks for the research on a replacement. Just ordered from Digikey but looks like I will be placing a second order.

PCBONEZ - The main part number on the board is LCD1701 i have searched but all that comes up is an NEC LCD1701 can't find a picture of the inside of one to see if it uses the same card. Ebay also showed nothing.

One Note: I was informed by the person I got it from that he plugged in the wrong power adapter and heard a pop.

Just to confirm the blown part is U41. I have attached a picture of the entire board to see if someone recognizes it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ZappedAgain View Post
                      One Note: I was informed by the person I got it from that he plugged in the wrong power adapter and heard a pop.
                      Yup, that's a good way to pop a transistor....
                      At least it's not a mystery cause...
                      If you get it fixed it will probably stay fixed..
                      Make sure you check for blown fuses too.
                      Sometimes they don't look like fuses. [Go by board markings]
                      Mann-Made Global Warming.
                      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                      -
                      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                      -

Comment

Working...
                      X