• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Hp 1940 and 1955

Hello=)
    I'm new here so please bear with me.
    I'm a newbie in this field....

I have googled alot and found a couple of threads here but decided to make one thread of my own.

I have one hp 1940 (Benq 48.L1G02.A00) that when plugged to power starts flicker rather rapidly and just keeps doing that. To mention not connected to PC. The power led is on.
    It's not originally my screen so I can't really say anymore in the symtoms department and I removed the power board from the inside now. Nothing really seems to be blown or damaged, no bulging of capacitators. Is it the usual C5707 transistor problem?

For the hp 1955 (Benq 48.L1A02.A00) the monitor was just totaly dead.
    So I opened it and removed the power board. So I found out that one of the three pins on the power cable connector was blown. If you look at the "green" side its the left pin. the center pin was loose and the right pin had cracked solder. So I resoledered it. I think I did I decent job on that but it didn't help at all. The power led didn't go on. also here is no bulging on capacitators or something similar. What do you think, could it be both the C5707 transistors and the picofuse maybe?

I have a digital multimeter with a diod check. Is there more meters that would be good to get? Would the multimeter be enough? Also what way or tools would be the best to remove soldered objects?

thanks!

Re: Bad Hp 1940 and 1955

It would probably be best to start a separate thread for the 1955 as different forum members may be helping with separate monitors.

First things first, we'll need clear, well lit (no flash) photos of the top and bottom of the power board (and possibly the logic board). Use manage attachments below the text area and do not post the pictures inline.

My first instinct on the rapid flickering of the 1940 would be one or more of the ccfl's.

With the 1955, once the pictures are posted, someone will suggest test points to measure to verify how far in the circuit the power is going. Then we can go from there to determine where the problem may be.

DMM is the most used tool and you can remove most objects with the soldering iron.

Comment

Hi - I believe most members would prefer you to have a separate thread for each machine and for you only to work on one at a time so that we all know which we are talking about. You will need to post clear pictures of the top and bottom of your boards. So decide which machine this thread is for and post the relevant pictures then start a new thread for the other.
      The 1955 as a first suggestion check the main fuse, if there is one. It should be near the mains connector but without a photo?

Edit :Too late again - I blame the Atlantic.
      Last edited by selldoor; 02-08-2012, 04:56 PM.
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

At least I did get some attention so thanks=)

I did what you told me hope didn't miss anything out

Comment

You didnt quite do as suggested- you posted the pics in line and did not use
          manage attachments. When you continue with the 1940 do not post pics in line.
          You did not say if you tested the fuse but if you answer plainbills
          question that will probably cover the fuse issue.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Sorry about the inline thing not familiar with the function and nobody told me exactly what to do. I really don't like forums becuase just like plainbill the slight thing the "authorities on forums" doesn't like.... a newbie is screwed so there you go.....

Comment

Originally posted by terminatorX View Post
              Sorry about the inline thing not familiar with the function and nobody told me exactly what to do.
              It matters because regulars like PlainBill and myself (just to name a few) participate in maybe 20 to 40 threads a day helping people. None of us get paid to do so. A certain format make life easier for us to help you.

Obviously, it is a free world. If you choose not to follow our instructions, we easily, and without regret move onto the next thread.

And you WERE told exactly what to do in post #2.
              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I understand. But the first thing I see when I want help is not "i get pissed!"
                The exactly part I meant was how to manage the function exactly. But in order to try to ease for u I learned how to use it. So now I expect no more "I get pissed" or anything low like that. It's really easy speaking to me as long as you use proper tone.

Comment

Working...
                X